Emma Jane Finnegan
almost 6 years ago
Purpose of Role:
Lead a cross-organisational team to anticipate, identify and deliver BT propositions which deliver sustainable competitive advantage. Work with channel to document the detailed requirements of our Business customers for our CC & UC growth platform, assessing BTI, BTB & GS ability to address these market opportunities, and working across BT and partner community to develop and deliver compelling propositions to meet the customer requirements. Propositions will integrate core products, 3rd party applications and infrastructure, managed services with commercial wrap at a market competitive value point.
Lead the market introduction and execute a go-to-market plan that achieves revenue and margin targets. Support the sales channel in progressing market opportunities that maintain and grow substantial recurring revenue streams, and pull-through high margin core product sales.
- Own and lead the proposition development process from definition, development and delivery. Launch the proposition and manage the proposition in-life.
- Write, with channel, the MRD and submit to Product manager, where product development required
- Supports the work on the RIA with the Product manager
- Own market insight into customer value drivers, propensity to buy triggers, customer needs
- Own competitive analysis for named proposition - how we compare, SWOT, gap analysis and mobilise response to market threat from competition
- Ownership for addressable market valuation, quantifying market share, and setting realistic growth targets (rev, share, GM). Work with channel to deliver on those targets, identifying critical success factors and managing those. Be proposition evangelist internally, and subject matter expert with external audience.
- Understanding of margin contribution and our ability to grow or maximise EBITDA
- All island corporate proposition responsibility
- To articulate BT’s product/proposition capability and roadmap for each of our customer segments. Ensure that the Specialist Support Team are articulating a consistent set of BT product and proposition messages to Major Accounts & Public Sector customers and have the appropriate presentation and other collateral to support this
- Scan external IT and network technology environment for evolving trends for new proposition opportunities or impacts on existing propositions in market. Also examine markets where the proposition life cycles are normally in advance of those initiated or required in Ireland
- Articulate our marketing challenges for any given proposition, and work with the broader marketing team to formulate a go-to-market plan, that includes market priming, sales enablement, partner co-marketing and lead generation campaigns that will build market awareness and preference for BT propositions and generate sales pipeline
- Delivery of "Why BT?" messaging in segment communication, proposition positioning and GTM channel engagement. Articulation of BT winning strategy
- Participation in major bids pipeline build activity, customer engagements, proposition creation, proposal responses, bid approval and business case. Support bid team in activities to win major bids
- Contribute to target setting process for BTI BTB
- Write and publish collateral on internal and external sites (e.g. OneSource, customer portal)
- Drive through Sales enablement for proposition – define and delivery
- Social media champion for proposition
- In-depth knowledge of a number of the following technologies: business network services, Unified Communications and collaboration and XaaS/Cloud.
- Knowledge and expertise of Government & Majors customers typical legacy communications and IT environments
- Understanding of how transformational network services, IT & Converged, and business applications projects are delivered
- Experience of high value major wins customer engagement and all elements of winning proposal creation
- Experience of Government and Majors customer engagement at senior levels including board / exec level commercial proposal presentations
- Degree qualification