€60,000 - €65,000
27 days ago
Senior Marketing Executive (Retail)
A large consumer brand based in Dublin City Centre is seeking a senior marketing executive to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of Marketing, this role requires an experience marketing professional with 8-10 years’ experience with passion, creativity, insight, and commercial acumen. This role will be key in working with the Head of Marketing in the strategic development of the brand portfolio and effectively lead and manage marketing activities, advertising campaigns, and events across all of the businesses’ divisions.
Your core responsibilities will include:
Support the development of the marketing strategy and assist the Head of Marketing by taking the lead and delivering results on specified key marketing in both the ROI and NI markets.
- Overall responsibility for the strategic development of the marketing plan and effective implementation of marketing activities for one of their key divisions. Work closely with the General Manager to deliver marketing and promotional activities against agreed KPIs and present at key account meetings.
- Full responsibility for the strategic brand development of one of their key brands within retail – responsible for briefing, budget management, creative development, media planning and production, implementation, and evaluation.
- Assist the Head of Marketing with the strategic development of another one of their key areas by helping to identify key trends and developing new brands for the business.
- Assist the Head of Marketing in the development and management of the research strategy.
Sales & Marketing & PR
- Create effective marketing and advertising campaigns and manage budgets that deliver a return on investment across the divisions.
- Responsible for marketing literature, production and distribution including scheduling, ensuring deadlines are met, copywriting, artistic and agency liaison as well as managing relationships with printers, designers, and creative agencies.
- Management of press activity and pro-active PR campaigns to maximise media coverage through editorial, media partnerships and effective press events.
- Manage the activation of our sponsorships, organise trade events and the bi-annual retail conference. Evaluate and provide recommendations to the business post activity.
- Overall responsibility for the company website and social media strategy development and implementation. Responsible for monitoring website analytics with recommendations on optimising the site against agreed KPIs.
- Evaluation and monitoring of campaigns in print, TV, radio, outdoor and on-line as well as, ensuring sales information is disseminated.
- Full responsibility for budget management of all marketing activities.
- Ensure all marketing and communications activity is in compliance with Brand Guidelines.
- Assist the Head of Marketing in providing reports, project plans, budgets and other papers as required for the Board, Senior Management Team, business partners, potential sponsors, charities, and community projects.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of the legal framework that marketing operates within i.e., data protection and the digital age, trading standards, advertising standards etc.
- To develop effective relationships and collaborate with colleagues.
- To provide creative leadership and ensure projects are proceeding on target in line with key indicators - budget, performance, and compliance - through effective coaching and mentoring.
- To champion our Values. Be aware of and ensure that all staff are aware of the importance of supporting our Values and that this is integrated into every aspect of the department’s activities.
- To keep abreast of industry trends, competitor strategy and performance and use analytical frameworks, strategic business models and tools to interpret and translate the results and to keep ahead of developments in the field of marketing, maintaining professional links with the industry and incorporating fresh approaches into marketing plans.
- To attend and participate in monthly internal meetings and external meetings with agencies.
- To attend and represent the business in monthly retail promotional meetings and quarterly supplier meetings.
- To carry out ad hoc duties as assigned by the Head of Marketing.
To be considered for this position, the following experience is required:
- Minimum 8 - 10 years marketing management experience gained within the Retail/FMCG/Drinks industries.
- A relevant professional qualification in marketing, business is essential with a master’s qualification desirable.
- Proven experience of managing and developing major consumer brands, both above and below the line.
- Highly organised and experienced in managing agencies across a range of marketing disciplines.
- Proven ability to prioritise, effectively manage and deliver multiple projects on time and within budget.
- Awareness of budgeting, costing, and forecasting procedures, and current market costs of internal and external resources.
- Ability to plan and analyse media effectively to deliver best value for money and make recommendations to the business.
- Team player who develops and maintains productive relationships and proactively develops wide networks inside and outside the organisation.
- Ability to maintain and update social medial platforms and websites. Previous experience with Content Management Systems is an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills supported by strong administrative and management competencies including, business analysis, project management and budget planning.
- Loyalty marketing campaign experience an advantage.
- Professional chartered marketer (MII/CIM) desirable.
*Please note, our office is closed for the Christmas holidays from Wednesday 23rd December, re-opening 4th January. We will respond to your application upon our return.
Contact Lauren Fahy on email@example.com or 01 582 4483 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.