Alternatives is delighted to be supporting .IE in recruitment for a new position as Digital Town Programme Executive.
.IE is first and foremost the national registry for domain names ending in .ie, but it also provides research and insights to policymakers and helps communities and SMEs to digitise, through its events, programmes and initiatives. The .IE Digital Town Programme leverages .IE experiences from its previous programmes such as OPTIMISE, Internet Day and Digital Town day.
Their purpose is to engage and empower people, communities and businesses across Ireland to thrive online. They have developed the .IE Digital Town Programme to celebrate a town’s online progress and promote its digital achievements. They provide the pathway for people, communities and businesses to access and unlock this world of potential and opportunity https://www.weare.ie/what-we-do/
Reporting to the National .IE Digital Town Programme Director, the successful candidate will play a key role in the overall .IE Digital Town Programme, which has a number of components, including Awards, Research and Big Data.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, in addition to strong organisational, multi-tasking, and relationship-building abilities. The ideal candidate should also have recent and relevant experience, on a countrywide basis, in organising stakeholders and interested parties to work together to achieve common objectives. Past experience of event management, project management or PR would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will be based in the head office in Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin. Initially, this role will be performed remotely, in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Government and Ireland’s health authorities, and then they will be trialing a hybrid model.
As part of this role you will:
- Motivate, encourage and recruit towns to participate in the .IE Digital Town Programme
- Operate as a key point of contact for the external stakeholder network and fully understand their needs, wants and values
- Develop and enhance the stakeholder network, identifying opportunities for mutually beneficial activities
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting stakeholder relationships
- Communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels
- Motivate, encourage, guide and assist a town’s organisation(s) to submit their project / initiative for the Awards
- Implement our marketing and communications plan to promote and create awareness of our activities
- Bring new ideas and concepts to enhance the programme
- Create multi-media website content
- Liaise with external vendors, and operate within budgets and project timelines
- Create internal status reports (including KPIs)
- Liaise with internal cross-functional team members in .IE
- Positively promote the .IE brand
Required Qualifications/ Experience & Skills:
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
The ideal candidate must also:-
- have demonstrated track record in managing similar programmes, on a nationwide basis (or have similar transferable experience)
- be a confident and clear communicator
- have exceptional verbal and written skills
- have excellent relationship-building skills
- be highly organised with the ability to multi-task
- work well as part of a team
- experience in Wordpress, Mailchimp, and Salesforce would be a distinct advantage
- have excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- be proactive and demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative
Salary and Benefits Package:
- Base salary €35k - €50k (DOE)
- The company offers a performance-based bonus scheme, access to a defined contribution pension scheme and a personal health insurance plan
- Comprehensive induction and sector familiarisation will be provided
- Appropriate training & professional development will be paid for by the company
- Access to the Bike to work & Taxsaver programmes is provided
Note: Information on .IE:
.IE is the national registry for .ie domain names and is the trusted and progressive guardian of Ireland’s unique online .ie address. Our purpose is to engage and empower people, communities and businesses across Ireland to thrive online.
At .IE we are committed to digital advocacy for SMEs and for local communities. Through stakeholder engagement initiatives such as .IE Digital Town we work with and support SMEs organisations to improve their members’ online presence and e-commerce capabilities so they can unlock the power of the internet to boost sales to local consumers.
We celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, civil status, disability or gender identity.
At .IE, we respect your right to privacy; all applications for this position will be processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
IE Domain Registry CLG, trading as .IE, is an Irish registered company (number 315315).
If this sounds like you, or you would be keen to have a discussion about the role in more detail, please contact Lauren Fahy by email firstname.lastname@example.org with your profile.