55,000 - 60,000 plus package and bonus
Alternatives are delighted to be working with a leading international manufacturer based in Kilkenny to expand their marketing team. Our client is looking for a Category Manager in this newly created position. This role will report directly to the Head of Product and will take ownership for the vast portfolio of products across building and homewares. Not only does our client offer high end products but also a bespoke customisation option.
This company offer a highly competitive salary plus package and have a flexible / hybrid approach to work with 2 – 3 days being spent onsite and 2 days from home.
• Become a product expert on our range and track similar competitor products
• Build knowledge of commercial product performance and trends
• Responsible for category managing the portfolio – analysing sales/margin/volume data
• Develop clear strategy and product road maps closely aligned with the wider market requirements
• Identify and prioritize market opportunities to create new product strategies
• Monitor competitor activity and products
• Support existing customers with updates to prices files, range listings, discounts
• Support customer specific visits as required (UK/Ireland) to make sure we give the best impression
of the company.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Category and product management experience.
• Strong communication skills, managing internal and external relationships
• Organisational skills
• Excellent written and presentation skills
• Strong commercial acumen
• Good understanding of customer pricing, discount structures
• Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills – particularly using Excel
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in new product customer research / market research
• Degree or equivalent in management / business.
• A customer centric approach
• Knowledge and experience of Product Marketing systems
For more information on this role, please contact Eimear Walsh on email@example.com.