Based on experience
4 months ago
Press Officer – 3 Month Contract
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced Communications Team on an initial three-month contract with the strong possibility of extending further.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Positioning, promotion and publicising the organisation in line with communications objectives and in collaboration with marketing colleagues
- The development of specific communications activities including press releases, social media, press conferences, launch events, photo calls, photo shoots, interviews, etc
- Weekly input of information and images into an electronic press web
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with key media contacts
- Liaising and negotiating with key personnel including internal stakeholders to ensure efficient flow of information and communication within and outside of the organisation.
- Responding to and managing media queries
You must have proven experience in PR with experience in managing publicity campaigns and crisis communications with at least three years’ experience in a similar role.
Additionally, you must have the following experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage a busy and varied workload and a proven ability to analyse and manage urgent media queries
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage time and resources;
- Can demonstrate diplomacy and discretion when managing sensitive material and relationships;
- Can recognise a good story and how to position it with the media;
- Highly creative and full of ideas;
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can work independently and as part of a team
Contact Lauren Fahy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 582 4483 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.