Expressions of Interest sought for highly experienced marketers to join the Funding and Public Engagement Committee of Trócaire, on a pro bono basis for a term of three years (with the option of a second 3 year term), to start in January 2023. The committee meets four times a year, a mix of in person and online. The Fundraising and Public Engagement Committee has the following responsibilities:
· To oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of the Irish public fundraising and public engagement strategies.
· To ensure that the fundraising and public engagement strategies undertaken by the organisation in Ireland support the achievement of planned fundraising and public engagement objectives.
· To report to the Board at each scheduled meeting.
Trócaire is seeking specialists in the following skills areas:
· Big Brand Marketing
· Digital Engagement / Communications targeting the public in Ireland
· Advocacy and mobilising the public in Ireland
The Person- Skills & Experience Required:
· Development of Marketing and/or Public Engagement Strategies and Activities at a national level.
· Experience influencing and collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
· Comfort working and contributing remotely and in hybrid meeting settings.
· A strong commitment to social justice and human rights, including gender equality.
· Understanding of the ethos of Trócaire as an agency inspired by Catholic Social Teaching.
The committee meets four times a year, a mix of in person and online. Meetings last approximately four hours. There is some preparation/reading in advance. Committee members may give specialist input outside of these meetings.
Trócaire is an international non-governmental organisation, who works with local partners in the world’s most at risk communities and with people in Ireland, to tackle the underlying causes of poverty and injustice and respond to the crises they create. They aim to bring about positive and permanent change. Trócaire was established by the Irish Episcopal Conference in 1973 and is the Irish member of Caritas Internationalis. Trócaire was established with a dual mandate; to provide development and humanitarian assistance where it is most needed overseas and to raise awareness of the underlying causes of this inequality in Ireland. www.trocaire.org
Expression of Interest:
Expressions of interest are requested from individuals who are willing to contribute their knowledge and skills to the committee. Candidates who wish to be considered should submit a short note to Sandra Lawler, Alternatives (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating why they are interested in serving and what skills they would bring to the committee. A CV should be attached. These applications will be forwarded to the Fundraising & Marketing Director of Trócaire.
Closing date 31st August 2022.