Dublin , Ireland
12 months ago
Liquid error: internal
Interim Head of Communications (Charity) – mid October start
This is a lovely opportunity to join an Irish national charity on a maternity cover contract for 12 months as interim Head of Communications.
Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for furthering the strategic communications objectives of the organisation, overseeing all internal and external communications and marketing activities, as well as managing and promoting key events.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Brand Awareness: Continue to build brand awareness and increase the profile of the organisation through proactive and reactive communications activities.
- Services: Increase awareness and drive use/sign up for the organisation’s range of support and adult education services.
- Volunteer Recruitment: Implement impactful marketing campaigns to motivate people to volunteer with the organisation across the various support services.
- Fundraising & Business Development: Support the Fundraising team and corporate partners with content, quotes and spokespeople as required. Provide oversight and approvals on corporate partner and external fundraising communications materials.
- Campaigns: Devise and implement high impact campaigns to achieve the organisation’s objectives.
- Webinars: Plan, coordinate and drive engagement/attendance for the monthly webinars.
- Media Relations: Engage with media on a proactive and reactive basis to secure features and interviews to raise the profile of the organisation.
- Materials/Content: Plan and manage the design and production of all marketing materials to include press releases, articles, media pitches, leaflets, Directors’ Report etc.
- Digital Marketing: Work closely with Digital Marketing Manager on digital strategy and content to ensure all communications activities are consistent and aligned.
- Spokespeople: Foster positive relationships with experts working with the organisation, lived experience spokespeople and influencers/ambassadors. Responsible for pitching, securing and coordinating all interviews for spokespeople, to include briefing both parties.
- Stakeholder Communications: Develop content and liaise with stakeholders as required to include the Board, Members, volunteers, service users etc.
- Agency Management: Manage all relevant third party relationships linked to the Communications Department.
- Budget Management: Responsible for managing the overall annual Communications budget (to include general comms and digital marketing).
- Reporting: Draft a monthly communications report for the Management team, other reporting as necessary linked to key activities.
- Events: Responsible for planning, logistics, sponsorships and marketing of flagship events
Experience required for this role:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Communications role with strong PR experience
- Degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, or equivalent professional qualification
- Skills and experience in writing press releases and other content
- Excellent knowledge of media sector, with good relationships and experience of securing features and interviews
- Experience planning and executing integrated marketing campaigns
- Excellent literacy and communication skills
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery
- Event management experience including photo calls, event attendance
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project and ultimately delivering on time and within budget
- Executing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
- Proven track record of dealing with a broad range of stakeholders and supporters and maintaining supplier relationships
- Budget and cost management
- Focus on outcomes with the highest level of organisational skills
- Understanding of the voluntary sector and experience of working on a campaigning agenda
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire a wide spectrum of supporters and sponsors
Contact Lauren Fahy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 582 4483 for a confidential discussion and full details.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.