Chief Marketing Officer
almost 7 years ago
My client a global e-retailer with offices across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas, with over 160 employees is seeking a Chef Marketing Officer based in Shanghai to be a key member of the Company’s senior management team and lead the global marketing strategy.
The company boasts a young, international and entrepreneurial culture that promotes fast career progression and self-development. They seek passionate and effective employees who are usually promoted quickly to managerial positions, operating teams with high degrees of responsibility.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, high-energy, smart and entrepreneurial leader dedicated to growing revenues and strengthening the company’s global position.
The career progression will be dependent on your ability to deliver tangible results and manage change. You will be eligible for the Executive Compensation Package where a portion of your compensation will be tied directly to your performance and the overall success of the company.
You must be prepared to be “hands on” when required as well as being capable of adding value to and guiding commercial, operational and strategic decisions across marketing.
- Lead the development and day-to-day management across the enterprise’s marketing strategy
- Be responsible for enterprise websites ensuring best practice design, content, conversion rate optimization and rollout of major tech upgrades
- Optimize execution of key marketing strategies across Performance, Content activities.& Branding
- Develop and refine key enterprise, regional and activity KPI reports for executive team
- Lead a team of over 30 people to plan, analyze, evaluate and execute on existing and new marketing activities
- Hire, mentor and motivate team members with varied experience levels and abilities
- Develop benchmark criteria to measure efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs
- Evaluate and manage outsourced service and software providers
- Lead meetings with senior management and marketing team
- Report to the Directors on key KPI metrics, operational improvements and execution of defined strategies
- 5+ years proven management experience in online marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or science (Masters degree or MBA preferred)
- Strong technical skills relating to SEM, Display, SEO, Social Media & Branding
- Strong working knowledge of top online platforms in search, display, analytics and social media
- Proven ability to proactively manage, motivate and mentor international teams ensuring accountability for results that maximize business objectives
- Strong eCommerce site optimization in highly competitive industries
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
- Strong benchmarking and research skills resulting in ongoing optimization of marketing strategy
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with ability to influence others and articulate ideas clearly
- Ability to generate and execute changing / innovative policies across marketing work streams
- Ability to jump-start projects from scratch and develop relevant documents, action plans and KPIs to ensure success
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Excellent can do attitude, self-motivated, strong work ethic and high energy
- Fluent in English
This exciting role comes with a great salary, favourable tax rates and a suite of benefits to include a 13th month cheque, health insurance, equity options and performance related bonus to name some.
If this sounds like the move you are looking for, contact me to find out more
Phone + 353 1 6909719 or mobile +353860259798