about 2 years ago
This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s leading Consumer Finance Providers that have aggressive growth plans in 2018.
Purpose of Role
The successful candidate will lead all aspects of product, managing personal loan and credit card products. This will involve delivering Strategic Change & Small Change initiatives as well as working with marketing to deliver increasingly competitive product propositions via monthly campaign activity, with a focus on ‘test and learn’.
Given the desire to create new products and improve existing ones, you will own the product roadmap, defining product and product feature changes, pricing development, as well as process and customer journey enhancements. With a raft of improvement opportunities available, you will need to quickly assess and prioritise various product-related opportunities. Rapid and effective planning and initiative execution is critical. Meaningful competitor analysis, business case development, detailed requirements drafting and effective change and stakeholder management are required to be successful in-role. BAU product management will require you to focus on the lifecycle of the product and (acquisition to retention) including upsell and cross-sell activity, using available levers to meet key performance indicators.
- Minimum of 5 years’ product management / development experience ideally in consumer finance (however broader retail financial services experience considered, ie general insurance, retail banking, fintech)
- Experience of delivering significant commercial / product development projects
- Results-oriented with experience of hitting demanding product sales targets
- Highly numerate and analytical with experience of P&L management an advantage
- Experience of working in non-branch / retail environments (telephony, digital) is beneficial
- Well organised and ability to multi-task and deliver high profile projects to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently, with a focus on action and progress
- Build and aintain positive working relationships with Analytics, Marketing, Compliance, Digital, IT/Tech and Change teams
- Strong communicator and adept at presenting to diverse groups up to SLT level
- Ability to adapt to change and to pick up adjoining Commercial workstreams when required
About Alternatives Group
Alternatives Group is an award winning, dynamic talent resourcing business with 3 key divisions: Alternatives Resourcing: No. 1 in the market for marketing, digital and commercial permanent and interim recruitment Alternatives Loyalty & Managed Services: On-site, performance managed loyalty, marketing and commercial solutions Alternatives Elect: Global executive search service Our flexible and dynamic business models ensure that we can provide right sized, talent appropriate solutions for our clients, who are typically medium to large Irish and global businesses with Irish hubs.