about 1 month ago
As Covid19 continues to have a catastrophic effect on the tourism and hospitality industry, Fáilte Ireland is helping the industry navigate and survive this crisis through targeted business supports, key mentoring and tailored recovery plans.
Fáilte Ireland is seeking to recruit a Digital Marketing officer to work on our consumer marketing communications. Fáilte Ireland operates at the leading edge of digital marketing to reach and influence our target audiences. As part of a strong Digital Marketing team, the successful candidate will have clear digital capabilities, skills and experience in working with people as part of an integrated team and in working cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders, internal and external. Over the last 18 months Fáilte Ireland has transformed the B2C Digital Eco-System. Our ambition is to leverage visitor insights to build personalised and rich relationships with individual visitors, encouraging them to not only take a holiday in Ireland, but also to become advocates for Ireland as a holiday destination.
The role will report to the Digital Marketing Manager and shall be based in Fáilte Ireland, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1 or Limerick. However, in line with current Government guidance, it is likely that the successful candidate will commence in this role while working from home. Please note that outside of the emergency measures currently in place by the Government, Fáilte Ireland’s standard policy concerning work location is that it is based at its administrative offices and Tourist Information Centres.
Fáilte Ireland (The National Tourism Development Authority) is the State organisation responsible for promoting and supporting the development of tourism as a key driver of economic growth in Ireland. It provides strategic leadership and a range of practical business solutions to foster competitive tourism enterprise, encourage innovation and support policy formulation to help position and sustain Ireland as an attractive and compelling visitor destination.
Officer, Digital Marketing B2C Level 4 Full-time, Fixed Term for maximum 23 months
Applications will be managed by Faye Constance of Alternatives - email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday, 24th March at 5.00pm (Ireland Time)
Fáilte Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Officer, Digital Marketing B2C
Job Ref: HR/ES/17
Location: Dublin or Limerick
Business Unit: Digital Marketing
Salary: €48,585 - €69,498*
*The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government pay policy.
Reporting to: Digital Marketing Manager
This is an exciting new opportunity for an ambitious and driven Digital Marketing professional who is looking to take the next step in their career. This is a strategic and results focused role, requiring a a candidate with strong business acumen to be responsible for omnichannel content, as part of the wider digital marketing team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in both the planning and execution of digital strategies and content development across all digital channels including social, and websites. They will have a creative and innovative mindset with the ability to think outside the box.
This position offers the successful candidate an extremely varied role across a number of areas within the organisation’s portfolio of B2C digital platforms and channels, including day to day management of content creation and curation, Digital Asset Management (DAM) management, social media management, website management and analytics whilst collaborating with multiple other functions to source and align on content.
Fáilte Ireland’s strategic focus is providing the domestic and Northern Ireland consumer compelling reasons to take a break in Ireland and therefore increasing visitor numbers and total tourism revenues.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
• Develop a strategic approach to digital content fuelled by insights, market trends, organisational objectives and transformative thinking
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the digital strategy, channel strategy, content, and data strategy
• Lead on festival and events digital marketing strategy and implementation
• Define and lead the strategic approach to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
• Contribute to the vision and delivery of the new Visit Dublin website
• Input into the development & implementation of content ideation, creation, and planning
• Work closely with the team on our website digital content management system, to ensure that all content is accurate and optimised for SEO and visitor requirements
• Work with the Digital Performance team to optimise the website front and backend
• Lead on the transformation and delivery of Ireland’s Content Pool (Digital Asset management system)
• Lead the team in identifying and reporting on data, learnings, and ROI analysis from digital activity
• Champion and lead the content innovation and development for Dublin
• Work with the team across divisions to deliver the content plans across all owned channels
• Project manage the delivery of content development and curation
• Coordinate weekly meetings with agencies and stakeholders
• Support the members of the team in all administration and financial management tasks
• Work with the Consumer Planning team to implement research projects to give us greater insight and understanding of our visitor
Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Digital Marketing Team by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills and criteria:
• A minimum of three years of related experience in a similar role with tangible results in building a brilliant online presence in the marketplace • Experience in working in a busy demanding environment across multiple disciplines and able to easily move from strategy to execution, prioritising of tasks based on the biggest business impact
• Experience creating campaigns for search, social channels and email marketing
• A keen eye for photography and videography with a curiosity for emerging industry trends
• Experience in managing and using a DAMs (Digital Asset Management System)
• Experience in all aspects of backend website maintenance
• Ability to optimise campaigns on data-based insights
• Experience in A/B testing and personalisation of website via 3rd party tools
• Track record in delivering performance improvements and lead generation via Search Engine Optimisation, advertising, and Social Channels.
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics, website CMS and Hubspot (or equivalent Marketing CRM tool).
• Able to demonstrate comfort and knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing and measurement
• Strong influence: ability to lead through others and bring out the best in partners (e.g. through agency management / remuneration model in partnership with manager and procurement)
• Great writing, communication and presentation skills
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must have / demonstrate in your application form the following Skillsets:
• Strong organisation skills
• Strong Digital Marketing Acumen
• Excellent Presentation /Communication skills
• Excellent Influencing skills
• Planning and Organising Qualifications/Mandatory Training A third level qualification in the related discipline (Digital Marketing or Social Media) is essential Desirable Criteria
• Knowledge of Fáilte Ireland brands and the broader Irish tourism product offering Key Competencies
• Relationship Management
• Continuous Improvement
• Customer Orientation
A panel may be created from which future vacancies may be filled.