Dublin , Ireland
€86,586 - €109,195
5 months ago
Fáilte Ireland (The National Tourism Development Authority) is the State organisation responsible for promoting and supporting the development of tourism as a key driver of economic growth in Ireland. It provides strategic leadership and a range of practical business solutions to foster competitive tourism enterprise, encourage innovation and support policy formulation to help position and sustain Ireland as an attractive and compelling visitor destination.
Head of Marketing Communications
As Covid19 continues to have a catastrophic effect on the tourism and hospitality industry, Fáilte Ireland is helping the industry navigate and survive this crisis through targeted business supports, key mentoring and tailored recovery plans.
As part of this work Fáilte Ireland is seeking to recruit a Head of Marketing Communications.
The role will report to the Director of Marketing and shall be based in Fáilte Ireland, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1. However, in line with current Government guidance, it is likely that the successful candidate will commence in this role while working from home.
Job Title: Head of Marketing Communications
Job Ref: HR/ES/21
Business Unit: Marketing
Salary: €86,586 - €109,195*
*The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government pay policy.
Reporting to: Director of Marketing
The successful candidate will have specific responsibility for developing world class marketing communications that will encourage Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland consumers take increased short breaks in the Republic.
Note: Our partner agency, Tourism Ireland, has the responsibility of marketing the Island of Ireland to overseas holidaymakers. We work very closely in partnership with them as they develop global campaigns.
The candidate will lead and guide their team and champion creativity and a consumer-first, insight led mindset in developing fully integrated marketing communications, from TV advertising through to digital and PR.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
- Champion a culture that recognises and encourages creativity with impact, via collaboration, throughout the organisation.
- With the Director of Marketing and other Executive members, ensure an effective brand(s) communication strategy and implementation programme, utilising all channels to build awareness, increase relevancy and ultimately deliver increased volume and revenue from all target visitor segments.
- Targeting domestic & NI consumers, create and deliver excellent through-the-line marketing communications through a combination of specific campaigns, always-on messaging and owned / earned / paid digital channels.
- Deliver “famous execution”, with richness and depth, that impacts target audiences.
- Identify and build strategic partnerships with third-party organisations across various sectors who can help us unlock increased short breaks for domestic and NI consumers (e.g. retailers, media owners, brand owners, Local Authorities as many do marketing for their own counties, etc.).
- Set clear goals and KPIs that are aligned with Fáilte Ireland corporate objectives and establish robust, measurable processes to review performance against these objectives and appropriate international benchmarks.
- Build key external stakeholder relationships including agency partners, Tourism Ireland, local Tourism organisations and other stakeholders.
Inspire, lead, and support team members to perform to the best of their ability individually and collectively within teams to meet predetermined objectives. Specifically:
- With other members of the Executive team, build an appropriate high-performance culture.
- Proactively develop the skills of the team to maximise their potential.
- Role model and coach the team in collaborative working across projects and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage all staff reporting to the position to effectively train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities.
- Conduct Performance Reviews in line with Fáilte Ireland policy.
- Proactively develop the skills of the team to ensure they attain the appropriate level of competence.
- Develop accurate work force plans to ensure that all projects within the Marketing Communications team are resourced with the appropriate skills and headcount.
- Managing procurement and budgeting processes within agreed policy.
Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Marketing Team by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
The flexibility to travel domestically, internationally, and work unsociable hours may be required. Any requirement to travel will be in line with current Government Guidelines and Public Health?Advice.
You will have previously worked as a senior marketer within a large corporate organisation where you will have extensive strategic development, consumer planning and activation of integrated consumer marketing campaigns. Overseeing a strong marketing team, you will have clear leadership skills and experience in managing people and working cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders. You will also be able to demonstrate excellent relationship management of agencies and a range of external partners.
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must have / demonstrate in your application form the following:
- A minimum of 10 years’ marketing experience.
- Five years’ experience in a senior marketing communications role at a large consumer brand driven organisation.
- Experience will include research, insight development, marketing strategy, integrated marketing communications and measurement / evaluation.
- Have personally managed sizeable consumer communications budgets.
- Directly involved in the development of a large-scale consumer communications campaign that included both traditional and digital media.
- Brilliant execution of campaigns demonstrating how an idea was brought to life across multiple consumer touch points, including digital/social channels, over time.
- Experience in delivering best in class content, search and reach strategies through digital channels.
- Clear leadership skills and experience of managing a team including collaborating and working cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to help nurture great talent to reach their full potential.
- Demonstrated excellent relationship management of agencies and a range of external partners.
A third-level degree (minimum Level 8 under the QQI Framework) is essential
Knowledge of Fáilte Ireland brands and the broader Irish tourism product offering
B2B marketing experience
Creativity & Innovation
A panel may be created from which future vacancies may be filled.