almost 6 years ago
Head of Digital Strategy
The job in a nutshell
The Head of Digital Strategy must be curious by nature, with significant digital work experience and have an extensive understanding of how brands, industry and consumer insights combine to formulate marketing strategies. You will need to support the wider advertising agency team in growing and developing the digital practice, growing blue-chip accounts and winning new business.
You should have experience in areas including; brand planning/ strategy, platform and experience design, consumer insights, consulting, integrated campaign planning, mobile, social media, and content strategy. You will also be a talented storyteller who can confidently lead an audience from problem to solution.
In this role, you will provide leadership to client teams including brand managers and heads of marketing for consumer brands. You’ll also work closely with client services, creative and design studio pros., and developer teams to help bring strategies to life that support our clients’ goals and objectives.
What we are looking for; you will have the ability to:
- Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers and competitive dynamics.
- Perform or direct research and analyse trends/ results to determine strategic implications.
- Lead stakeholder interviews and facilitate workshops to obtain knowledge of brand, marketing and business objectives.
- Conduct analysis of multiple solution options, develop and recommend a strategic approach that meet clients’ objectives, applies customer insights and enables clients to compete effectively.
- Author various client briefs suitable for engagement, including research plans, creative briefs, brand strategy, and digital strategy presentations, roadmaps and recommendations and measurement frameworks.
- Define scope and recommend appropriate resources and allocations for projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams to motivate, create and implement short and long-term integrated marketing strategies.
- Proactively identify new opportunities for client growth, enforce processes, provide quality assurance and implement best practices across all engagements.
- Support new business pitches by developing strong, compelling stories based on insights.
- Manage, mentor and lead other creative and client services colleagues over time.
- Develop intellectual property and process by contributing frameworks and tools.
- Fuel the external image of the agency by writing blogs - with up to date and timely thinking. Depending on your personal profile you may also be called upon to speak at external events.
Your background will include
- Qualified candidates will bring at least five years digital experience. Candidates with both client and agency side experience are preferred. Self-starter, demonstrating appropriate levels of assertiveness with a high-degree of self-confidence.
- Excellent verbal communication, written, and presentation skills—you’re a solid storyteller and persuader.
- Consistent intellectual curiosity.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-discipline collaborative creative environment.
- Candidates must have successfully launched multiple digital, social media and mobile platforms / campaigns into the marketplace.
- Strong understanding of measurement and optimisation and how they can drive digital results.
- Strong understanding of web development and design lifecycle.
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Strong client interaction skills, especially with senior client members.
- Powerpoint/ KeyNote/ Canva mastery.
- Proven ability to manage and set client expectations.
- Proven leadership abilities to manage multiple initiatives across multiple accounts.
- Creative idea generator based on consumer and brand insights.
- Ability to balance analytical and creative thinking, linear and non-linear approaches to problem-solving.
- Ability to influence people at C level.
- A collaborative and supportive team player.
Our client offers a market leading salary and benefits package with city centre offices, a supportive work environment and the strength of a world-wide known agency group. They are well known for delivering integrated marketing communications campaigns. They use a trans-media approach to advertising, the right channel for the right objective. This includes but is not limited to ATL, experiential and digital.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter below.