11 months ago
Fáilte Ireland (The National Tourism Development Authority) is the State organisation responsible for promoting and supporting the development of tourism as a key driver of economic growth in Ireland. It provides strategic leadership and a range of practical business solutions to foster competitive tourism enterprise, encourage innovation and support policy formulation to help position and sustain Ireland as an attractive and compelling visitor destination.
Officer, B2B Digital Marketing (Industry & Digital Communications) Level 4 Full-time, Fixed Term for maximum 23 months
As Covid19 continues to have a catastrophic effect on the tourism and hospitality industry, Fáilte Ireland is helping the industry navigate and survive this crisis through targeted business supports, key mentoring and tailored recovery plans.
Fáilte Ireland is currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated and Industry focused Officer to join its Digital Marketing team.
Fáilte Ireland operates at the leading edge of digital marketing to reach and influence our target audiences effectively.
The role will report to the Digital Marketing Manager and shall be based in Fáilte Ireland, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1 or Limerick.
However, in line with current Government guidance, it is likely that the successful candidate will commence in this role while working from home. Please note that outside of the emergency measures currently in place by the Government, Fáilte Ireland’s standard policy concerning work location is that it is based at its administrative offices and Tourist Information Centres.
Applications will be managed by Faye Constance of Alternatives - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday, 24th March at 5.00pm (Ireland Time)
Fáilte Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Officer, B2B Digital Marketing (Industry & Digital Communications)
Job Ref: HR/ES/17
Location: Dublin or Limerick
Business Unit: Digital Marketing
Salary: €48,585 - €69,498*
*The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government pay policy.
Reporting to: Digital Marketing Manager
The candidate will champion creativity and a user centric mindset whilst being responsible for Business to Business (B2B) digital marketing communications and innovations on our owned platforms.
We work in partnership with Government, State agencies, Local Authorities, representative bodies, and tourism enterprises, to respond to the needs of the industry so that Ireland’s tourism sector continues to develop and thrive by:
- Creating destination development plans and networks,
- Investing in tourism infrastructure, activities, visitor attractions and festivals,
- Providing consumer and buyer insights,
- Providing tourism enterprises with the right supports for their businesses, including mentoring, business supports, training programmes and buyer, platforms to help tourism businesses innovate and grow,
- Developing Ireland’s business tourism market by managing the bidding for and securing of larger conferences, meetings, and events to be hosted in Ireland.
Fáilte Ireland also drives demand for holidays at home by marketing Ireland’s four regional experience brands: Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland’s Ancient East, Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands and Dublin.
Note: Our partner agency, Tourism Ireland, has the responsibility of marketing the Island of Ireland to overseas holidaymakers. We work very closely in partnership with them as they develop global campaigns.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
• Contribute to the delivery and implementation of a new B2B communications strategy to improve the quality and consistency of our B2B communications and campaigns to trade across our owned platforms.
• Lead the development & coordinate delivery of creative B2B content across our owned platforms.
• Work with the Economic and Industry Analysis team to implement research projects to give us greater insight and understanding of our B2B audiences.
• Project manage the delivery of B2B digital campaigns and projects.
• Lead the team in reporting on data, learnings, and ROI analysis from B2B digital marketing activity.
• Input into the development & implementation of media planning and social media for B2B.
Web maintenance and development for owned platforms
• Lead on web content maintenance and Fáilte Ireland’s Service Level Agreements with agencies.
• Liase with our B2B digital agencies on the overall websites’ maintenance, to review and improve content with the objective of making the website visually attractive, maintaining traffic and engagement levels and to create content calendars for the site
.• Implement best practice Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) across the site, ensuring strong search engine results.
• Lead on content repurposing, creation and curation as required.
• Collaborate closely with Information & Communications Technology (ICT) and third parties as required.
• Lead out on all reporting, tracking and measurement for Fáilte Ireland’s owned platforms. (www.fáilteireland.ie, https://tradeportal.failteireland.ie/, https://covid19.failteireland.ie etc.)
• Support manager and agency team in the discovery, design and build for the new website development of Failteireland.ie
• Maintain weekly website update schedules to ensure all site and channels changes are kept up to date.
• Work closely with our agency partners and our B2B Marketing Communications team on all day-to-day tasks related to B2B campaigns that require a B2B presence on our owned platforms e.g., Tourism Business Continuity Scheme, Safety Charter, Platforms for Growth, Virtual industry events etc.
• Collaborate with internal project teams to ensure a consistent high standard of digital delivery for the B2B projects.
• Support B2B communications to ensure critical mass of industry participation in marketing campaigns.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of B2B social media for industry campaigns.
• Project manage the delivery of digital B2B campaigns.
• Execute & monitor plans to increase page views, unique visitors, dwell time and site ‘stickiness’ to encourage repeat usage on these specific platforms.
• Monitor & implement SEO and PPC strategies to drive traffic to the specific B2B campaigns and supports.
• Deliver against goals and KPIs that are aligned with B2B Digital and corporate objectives and adhere to processes to review performance against these objectives and appropriate international benchmarks.
• Build key internal and external stakeholder relationships including agency partners, Tourism Ireland, and other stakeholders.
• Coordinate timely meetings with agencies and stakeholders.
• Support the members of the team in all administration and financial management tasks
• Solid knowledge of website analytic tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio)
• Support the members of the team in all administration tasks.
• Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Digital Marketing Team by supporting different interrelated work projects, as required, from time to time.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills and criteria:
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a digital marketing communications role at a large consumer brand driven organisation (or a comparable role within a marketing agency or similar company).
• Experience will include research, insight development, digital marketing strategy, integrated marketing communications and measurement / evaluation.
• Directly involved in the delivery of a large-scale communications campaign that included both traditional and digital media.
• Experience working cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders
• Demonstrated excellent relationship management
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must have / demonstrate in your application form the following Skillsets:
• Strong organisation skills
• Excellent Presentation /Communication Skills Key Competencies
• Planning and Organising
• Relationship Management
Qualifications/Mandatory Training Qualifications:
A degree in Digital Marketing, Business or in a related discipline is essential.
• Knowledge of Fáilte Ireland brands and the broader Irish tourism product offering
• Customer Orientation
• Strategic Thinking
• Cross-Functional Collaboration
A panel may be created from which future vacancies may be filled.