about 1 month ago
Corporate Marketing & Communications Manager (Contract)
*Start: end of September / beginning of October
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a well-known Irish organisation on a maternity cover contract as Corporate Marketing & Communications Manager with a national and international remit. The key remit of this role will include managing the development, delivery and implementation of the corporate marketing and communications strategy and plan.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all corporate, consumer and international media relations.
- Oversee and approve all external and internal corporate marketing and media communications
- Maintain and build the organization’s corporate reputation with stakeholders.
- Support the Chief Executive’s office through the provision of event briefings, speech materials, media counsel and manage the bi-monthly CEO Board report.
- Lead the management of Irish media visits to overseas markets or attendance at corporate events and the management of inward journalist visits (subject to Covid-19 travel restrictions)
- Manage priority media-related queries and Freedom of Information requests from journalists
- Co-manage the organisation’s corporate sponsorship fund and decision-making around same
- As part of a team, establish and sustain an agency structure and way of working to manage prioritised corporate marketing and communications initiatives/campaigns across the calendar year with the support of project managers internally and third-party external agencies or project managers if required
- As part of a team, take a leadership role within the Marketing & Communications team in establishing, maintaining, and developing new and effective ways of working.
- Act as the organisation’s crisis management coordination and project management the organisation’s communications response to unforeseen events
- On an ongoing basis, manage the organisation’s crisis management preparation including regular training (2-3 sessions per year), media Q&A documents, update the organisation’s crisis management plans, policies and procedures etc.
- At least five years’ experience in creative marketing communications planning and execution, showing clear and consistent contributions to long term marketing communications strategies for brand equity build/commercial growth.
- Experience in developing and motivating a team with corporate and consumer marketing communications expertise.
- Experience in using strategic planning and operations process for marketing communications both nationally and internationally, ideally in the food industry across earned, owned and bought media with an earned media lead.
- Experience of marketing and communications for many and diverse Stakeholder groups, B2B and B2C target audiences.
- Experience of evaluation tools for aligning marketing communications with business objectives and determining ROI.
- Proven thought leadership and strategic thinking on high profile marketing communications for reputation build and commercial growth.
- Proven strategic planning skills with an ability to analyse data and leverage insights accurately.
- Proven ability to work with strategic marketing and communications agencies and as part of a wider team.
- Innate curiosity to want to understand people, business, culture, influence and the world, overall, and, most importantly, a burning desire to dig into what makes audiences’ tick with the ability to integrate such thinking into marketing communications that delivers of its business objectives in national and international, established and emerging markets.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
Contact Lauren Fahy on email@example.com or 01 582 4483 for a confidential discussion and full details.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.