27 days ago
Business Development Manager – 12 month contract
*Experience within professional services, financial services, or tech is preferable.
We are working with a leading professional services firm on recruiting a business development manager for a 12 month contract. This position will lead a team of BD professional, providing strategic council and support for major pursuits, account management planning, pipeline monitoring and performance reporting. The role is also responsible for harnessing and implementing the latest BD tools and techniques from the organisation’s global network, the provision of BD training and ensuring that best-in-class BD methodologies are leveraged for use across the firm. This is a highly cross-functional position working with leadership across the organization.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Management of the BD team, directing the key priorities and workflow of the team
- Own the pursuits strategy planning process, overseeing all work streams including readiness sessions, relationship mapping, value proposition development and orals presentations prep
- Lead on the concept development of all client facing collateral materials
- Act as the BD lead for specific key accounts – develop, execute and own account plan to develop critical business relationships, opportunities and ultimately generate revenue
- Responsible for overall focus account performance reporting; monitor under-performing accounts and work collaboratively on improvement plans; identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Provide accurate and timely revenue and performance reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis; monitoring and reporting on the BD budget
To be considered for this position, you must have at least 10-15 years experience in business development or account management with proven expertise in team management and development. Experience within the professional services, financial services or tech industries is highly desirable. Strong commercial acumen with the ability to work cross-functionally and influence is essential, along with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously through effective prioritisation, organization and flexibility. Experience with bid management preferable but not essential
*Please note, due to the high volume of applications currently being received we can only reply to candidates with experience that matches the required experience and competencies as outlined above.
Contact Lauren Fahy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 085 161 2262 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.