Dublin, United Kingdom
about 6 years ago
Sponsorship Specialist - Dublin Based
Specific Purpose Contract
Pay Range E
Reporting to: Sponsorship and Brand Manager
Bord Gáis Energy is a dual-fuel, all-island business that serves over 1 million gas and electricity customers with exemplary service at a competitive price. Bord Gáis Energy is the retail arm of Bord Gáis, selling gas and electricity to all market segments, with related activities including call centre management, billing and sales and marketing.
This role is responsible for the ownership and responsibility for the day to day management of the primary sponsorship property for Bord Gáis Energy, i.e. The Bord Gáis Energy Theatre. It is key to manage all campaigns and promotions relating to our sponsorship of the Theatre with a view to meeting Marketing and Category KPIs.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Managing the delivery of Bord Gáis Energy’s sponsorship programme of rights as per the sponsorship agreement in place with AIL with respect of the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre.
2. Building strong relationships with the Rights Holders and key stakeholders, identifying and realising unique activation opportunities for Bord Gáis Energy.
3. Working collaboratively with internal teams, the Rights Holders and external agencies as required, planning and implementing activation plans to achieve ongoing customer awareness, acquisition and retention targets in line with Marketing, Business and Residential Category targets.
4. Responsible for the day to day implementation of a sponsorship related customer rewards programme utilising the Theatre schedule of assets.
5. Responsible for creating campaigns to drive consumer engagement and memorable moments, from idea generation right through to campaign completion. This involves the ability to build strong professional relationships with other members of the marketing team as well as third party agencies including PR, sponsorship, events, promotional and direct marketing agencies.
6. Creating tactical plans, detailing activities to successfully leverage the sponsorship programme and drive PR (traditional and new media) opportunities. This will include developing a methodology for measuring success and post sponsorship review.
7. Managing all activities within the allocated operational budget for the sponsorship.
8. This role will be required to support other sponsorship and brand objectives from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Marketing Degree or equivalent third-level qualification essential.
· A minimum of 5 years experience working in a relevant marketing function with campaign management experience essential.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in the area of Public Relations, Sponsorship and Event Management, specifically in the entertainment industry.
· Experience of successfully using online marketing and social media channels essential.
· Experience of working with a broad marketing mix, including above the line and below the line techniques is essential.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is
19th March 2013.
N.B. Due to the separation of the Core HR System between Energy/Group & ITO/Networks employees, applications should be made via the applicable methods below:
Energy / Group Employees
Apply via the e-Recruitment module of Energy Core Portal
Completion details can be found here: http://bgeportal/HRForms/Shared%20Documents/erecruithowto.pdf
If you have any questions on the use of the e-Recruitment module, please contact a member of Energy HR Central Services
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to the following address:
BORD GAIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER