over 8 years ago
ROLE DESCRIPTION: SENIOR BRAND MANAGER, Danone Baby Nutrition Ireland
Need to Do
Need to Know/Have
Need to Be
· Danone Baby Nutrition Ireland is a marketing driven company with a portfolio of both international brand leaders and local brands. This role is for a Core category within the Danone portfolio (2 brands). Reponsible for a marketing budget of €1.7m.
Purpose of Role:
· Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role is responsible for driving growth in sales and Economic Profit of their brand.
· Accountable for achieving this by developing strategies for growth, based on in-depth consumer insights and championing the implementation of this strategy throughout the company.
Senior Brand Managers’ key responsibilities include:
· delivery against sales, profit and expenditure targets
· development of brand vision and strategic direction via the 5 year strategic planning process
· developing annual brand plans
· development of consumer communication, above and below the line
· managing international relationships within the DANONE Group
· briefing, approving and coordinating marketing activity (advertising including Digital and consumer connections, promotions, sponsorships, PR, NPD)
· Ability to work transversally on projects
· Develop and implement Brand Strategy.
· Determine ATL and BTL resources to fulfill planned objectives .
· Liaise with internal international contacts ensuring key decision points/communications criteria are met.
· Determine brand budget spend across segments to deliver an agreed strategy/objectives
· Determine and implement brand/pack formats according to consumer tastes and in line with brand strategy and consumer segment strategies.
· Evaluate brand performance against agreed measures/goals.
· Manage brand life cycle
· Line Management of 2 direct reports
· Educated to degree level
Skills & Experience:
- 5-6 years experience in an FMCG company, managing a significant brand and a team of people
- Previous experience in ATL communication essential
- How to develop and set strategies
- How to network effectively with all functions:
- R&D (International)
- Skilled in full marketing mix – can demonstrate excellence in marketing
- Marketing Operations
- How to interpret and action Market Research
- Strong consumer communications skills
- FMCG experience “Blue Chip”
- Ability to manage relationship with external agencies.
- People Management experience essential
· Good strategic thinker
· Effective influencer
· Energetic and enthusiastic
· Analytical/Problem Solving skills
· Negotiation / Influencing skills
· Strong personal impact
· Clear communicator
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Team player
· Commercially aware
· Good time manager