about 7 years ago
Alternatives is Ireland’s leading Marketing Talent House. We specialise in Permanent and Interim/ Contract Marketing Recruitment, Marketing Consultancy and Marketing Training (Open days and In-house). We place people in marketing roles from marketing executive level to Marketing Director across all sectors. We have the hottest clients and the best marketing roles so whether you are a product manager, brand manager, on-line genius, finance whiz or product specialist talk to us today. As marketers ourselves we can help you build your career.
A leading Telecommunications organization are seeking a Market Research Manager for a Fixed Term Contract.
As Market Research manager you will report directly to the Head of Research. Together with the team you role will focus on the delivery of market leading customer research that will support and shape the consumer and small business marketing/business strategy.
The market research manager will be responsible for managing key research projects, agreeing methodologies to gather, manage, analyse and interpret customer research and communicate relevant and timely information to the business to ensure informed decision-making. While predominantly quantitative you will also be required to manage qualitative research projects.
The key function of this team is to provide the customer research required to generate true customer insight and to deliver actionable recommendations that drive the profitable growth of the business.
This team is also responsible for delivering tactical competitor intelligence to the business.
Delivering best practise in research techniques and methodologies and together with the team, promoting the research function throughout the organisation.
· Coordinate and manage key research projects across the business, define suitable methodology, capture key findings, share relevant information across the business
· Ability to interpret customer research & translate results into actionable insights.
· Working with the team to ensure the voice of the customer is represented in the proposition development process.
· Provide visibility of the performance of the organisation through tracking studies
· Ensure that relevant sources of information and tools are used to articulate the voice of the customer and the market.
· Support vendors to conduct research. Contribute to analysis of market environment & future trends; make recommendations based on findings
· Effectively use secondary, syndicated and omnibus studies to optimise research spend.
· Ensure the Group’s Data Privacy Standards are being met in the context of customer contacts for research.
· Ensure research methods employed conform to the ESOMAR/MRS code of practice.
· Manage ad hoc research for brands and new product development while also working together with the team on brand tracking tracking studies
· Quality assurance of all research outputs.
· Working with the team to understand key insights across all projects researched and together with the team determine key trends
· Knowledge & Experience/ Qualifications:
· 5+ years management experience delivering a range of customer research solutions
· Deep understanding of a range of research methodologies with expertise in quantitative techniques and strong experience in qualitative with a background in the delivery and evaluation of both quantitative and qualitative research.
· Proven analytical, problem solving
· Excellent communication skills with a track record of delivering into executive level.
· Primary degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences or other relevant discipline.
· Deep understanding of a range of research methodologies.
· Strong understanding of the application of research in a commercial environment.
· Strong project management skills and able to work on multiple projects concurrently
· Expertise in quantitative data interpretation and decision making skills.
· Strong qualitative skills
· Ability to influence senior management.
· Excellent ability to work collaboratively.
· Ability to handle a complex workload.
· Strong communication skills with an ability to bring research alive.
· Enthusiastic and dynamic individual who works well with people at all levels in the organisation and with research vendors.
· Flexible mindset with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
· The Market Research manager will be responsible for establishing consumer needs through Qualitative & quantitative studies for brand and new product development.
· Tactical competitor intelligence
· Research to assess the impact of changes in the market.
· Assessment of the performance of propositions in the market based on customer feedback.
· Customer Focus
· Results Focus
· Strategic Perspective
· Change Orientation
· Problem Solving
· Influencing and winning commitment
· Team work
· Oral and written communication skills
· Proven ability to successfully manage and interpret research and determine and communicate key findings.
· Proven analytical, problem solving and people management skills.