€57,418 - €90,532
12 months ago
Fáilte Ireland (The National Tourism Development Authority) is the State organisation responsible for promoting and supporting the development of tourism as a key driver of economic growth in Ireland. It provides strategic leadership and a range of practical business solutions to foster competitive tourism enterprise, encourage innovation and support policy formulation to help position and sustain Ireland as an attractive and compelling visitor destination.
Manager, Enterprise Development
As Covid19 continues to have a catastrophic effect on the tourism and hospitality industry, Fáilte Ireland is helping the industry navigate and survive this crisis through targeted business supports, key mentoring and tailored recovery plans.
As part of this work Fáilte Ireland is seeking to recruit for the position of Manager, Enterprise Development.
The role will report to the Head of Enterprise and Hospitality Development and shall be based in Fáilte Ireland, Dublin, Sligo, Cork, Mullingar, or Limerick. There will be expectation for the post holder to spend regular time in the Dublin Office at Fáilte Ireland, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1. However, in line with current Government guidance, it is likely that the successful candidate will commence in this role while working from home. Please note that outside of the emergency measures currently in place by the Government, Fáilte Ireland’s standard policy concerning work location is that it is based at its administrative offices and Tourist Information Centres.
Applications will be managed by Lauren Fahy of Alternatives
Closing Date: Thursday, 19th of November at 3.00pm (Ireland Time)
*Please follow link above to access the Application Form.
Interviews are likely to take place on Thursday 3rd of December 2020.
Fáilte Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Manager, Enterprise Development
Job Ref: FI – 0036MED
Location: Flexible (any of the following locations: Dublin, Sligo, Cork, Mullingar, or Limerick). Please note there will be a requirement to spend regular time in the Office in Dublin.
Business Unit: Enterprise Development
Salary: €57,418 - €90,532*
*The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government pay policy.
Reporting to: Head of Enterprise and Hospitality Development
This is a strategic and results focused role, requiring a professional with strong commercial skills, business acumen and excellent relationship management skills as well as project management experience with the ability to influence internal stakeholders and external suppliers. This role focuses on developing and delivering new business support initiatives to tourism businesses supporting them to recover and become viable sustainable businesses delivering in the medium to long-term.
This role will also support the activity of the wider Enterprise Development team particularly in relation to Fáilte Ireland’s industry response to COVID-19/Brexit.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
- Working with internal stakeholders and external suppliers identify the key strategic capability development needs of the tourism industry
- Using insights and performance data brief service provider on the development of the supports required to address these capability gaps
- Develop a range of business interventions focused on supporting the tourism industry to survive and position themselves for growth in the medium term with a focus on financial sustainability and industry agility
- Develop new and innovative ways of delivering supports to the tourism industry
- Proactively evaluate the business supports delivered and the impact on the industry
- Collaborate internally in relation to the Directorate’s response to COVID-19/Brexit and its work to support the industry, positively contributing to the strategic direction and performance of the division and the directorate
- Manage internal stakeholder relationship and external suppliers
- Set clear goals and KPI’s that are aligned to the operational plan and corporate objectives.
- Support the internal and external teams in reporting on impact, data, learnings and ROI analysis from enterprise development investment
- Manage staff reporting to the position, support and motivate them to maximise their development potential.
- Manage cross functional resources to deliver agreed projects and KPI’s.
- Manage allocated Budget lines and good management of same.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills and criteria:
- A commercial mindset married to an interest and passion for innovation and best practice
- Excellent stakeholder and project management skills
- Articulate communication skills both verbal and written
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must have / demonstrate in your application form the following:
- Minimum of five years management experience with a business / tourism role, including people management experience
- Proven commercial acumen and a deep understanding of tourism businesses performance measures particularly financial sustainability and business performance
- Experience leading key strategic projects and demonstrable impact generated
- Proven demonstration of an ability to build strong external and internal strategic partnerships
Essential Qualifications/Mandatory Training
A professional 3rd level qualification (Level 8) in a business or related discipline
- Working knowledge and experience of financial management and KPI’s
- Demonstrate an expertise in creating and designing business supports solutions for Businesses.
- Understanding of the tourism industry at local and national level
- Commercial acumen
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Project Management
A panel may be created for a period of 12 months from which future vacancies may be filled.