almost 2 years ago
Manager, Dublin Region
Fáilte Ireland invites applications for the position of Manager, Dublin Region. The role will report to the Head of Dublin Region and is based in the Fáilte Ireland office in Amiens Street, Dublin 1. This is a high-profile and exciting role that involves leading a team and working with internal and external stakeholders to maximise the economic benefit of tourism in Dublin.
Fáilte Ireland (The National Tourism Development Authority) is the State organisation responsible for promoting and supporting the development of tourism as a key driver of economic growth in Ireland. It provides strategic leadership and a range of practical business solutions to foster competitive tourism enterprise, encourage innovation and support policy formulation to help position and sustain Ireland as an attractive and compelling visitor destination.
Fáilte Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st July at 12 noon (Ireland time).
Job Title: Manager, Dublin Region
Business Unit: Dublin Region
Reporting to: Head of Dublin Region
Salary: €55,324 – 87,231*
Job Ref: FI – 046MD
Drive the growth of economic and social contribution of tourism to the region by creating a destination development plan that harnesses key opportunities delivering incremental tourism revenue and visitor numbers.
- Identify, develop and lead the implementation of key strategic development priorities.
- Ensure that development of all individual cluster/networks is aligned to overall programme plan.
- Identify potential visitor focused experiences to leverage growth opportunities and fill product gaps.
- Deliver key strategic projects working with internal team to maximising efforts across the departments, delivering projects within budget and timeline and ensuring all objectives are met.
- Implement the annual operational plan delivering all commercial targets.
- Display initiative and innovation.
Industry and Stakeholder Engagement
- Identify and engage key industry partners and foster and maintain strong working relationships to achieve organisational and regional objectives.
- Coordinate the efforts of key stakeholders such as Local Authorities, Leader and other State Bodies to collectively deliver agreed regional targets.
- Recommend and implement enterprise solutions to assist individual businesses, industry groups and representative bodies to grow tourism revenue and monitor and evaluate against agreed KPIs.
- Develop and work closely with industry clusters (individuals, representative bodies).
- Proactively manage the schedule of industry and stakeholder engagements, one to one, cluster and regional meetings.
- Set clear goals and KPIs for regional team that are aligned to the operational plan and corporate objectives.
- Effective management of team resource and allocation of appropriate resource to projects and tasks.
- Manage all staff reporting to the position, support and motivate them to maximise their development potential.
- Manage cross functional resource to deliver agreed projects and KPIs.
- Budget management and tracking
- Ensure that any procurement of work from a third party is implemented in line with Fáilte Ireland procurement policy
Carry out all other duties as required.
This role requires travel, with attendance at a number of national events throughout each year.
*The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government policy.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, with highly developed interpersonal skills and experience in leading a team. This person can demonstrate an ability to collaborate and build strong internal and external relationships. We are looking for someone who is commercially focused with experience in the tourism or services industry. An interest and passion for innovation and best practice would be desirable.
The successful candidate must possess and through their application show evidence of:
- Five years in a management role, with at least 3 years as a people manager
- A proven commercial mindset with a track record of driving business growth
- Ability to influence at all levels within an organisation, with experience in managing senior stakeholders
- Demonstrate a track record developing and managing the delivery of strategic projects
- Experience in managing budgets
- Candidates are required to hold a third level qualification in Business, Marketing/ or a related discipline.
Previous experience working in the following areas also beneficial:
- Experience of the tourism industry and related institutional networks at local and national level
- Destination development experience
- Experience in business development or account/relationship management
- Relationship Management
- Commercial acumen
- Development (Problem solving/Analytical)
We may ask applicants to complete online aptitude assessment(s) as a means of progressing to the next stage of the process.
A panel may be created for this role for a period of 12 months
All interested applicants can only apply via Alternatives. Contact Lauren Fahy on email@example.com or 085 161 2262.