Head of UX
about 3 years ago
Position: Head of Service Design – Accenture Interactive
Accenture Interactive helps clients design new solutions for digital consumers, digital channels and digital markets. We provide end-to-end marketing experiences — from creative design, to customer experience, to digital production, to ecommerce development. Within these services, our capabilities deliver enduring customer relevance at scale.
And with our recent acquisitions - avVenta, Acquity Group, Fjord and Reactive - we've expanded the range of digital marketing services that we provide. We now have more than 30 design studios globally. As Head of Service Design you will be responsible for our design studio in Dublin, ensuring the quality of deliverables across a variety of projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with the leadership team to ensure that Accenture Interactive’s design studio in Dublin is grounded in excellence and has the reputation as such with our clients.
- Help to oversee the recruitment and management of a brilliant design team.
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas using methods and tools that illustrate all the components and touchpoints of the service.
- Be a hands-on service design expert, defining customer journeys, shaping the UX and seeing it through to detailed visual design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms.
- Inspire innovative approaches to design, enabling the design team to embrace different angles to a design problem.
- Contribute to the development of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Collaborate regularly with Accenture colleagues both in winning business and growing accounts, and in project delivery.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- 10+ years and proven experience of the end-to-end Service Design process with an outstanding portfolio to show off
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of user experience research including interviews, diary studies, usability testing, and other research methods
- Experience of defining personas, customer journey mapping and identifying digital touchpoints throughout the overall customer journey
- Exceptional presentation skills, whether for a pitch or a client deliverable.
- Experience of designing for cross channel experiences (web, mobile, tablet)
- Ability to challenge design ideas in a positive and collaborative way
- Expert skills in using UX design tools (e.g. Balsamiq, Axure, OmniGraffle)