€90,000 - €110,000
almost 3 years ago
Our client, a leading Financial Services group is seeking an ambitious & experienced Head of Digital Marketing & Innovation for a 2 year contract to lead the team to work alongside the wider brand engagement teams. Reporting directly into the Group Head of Brand Engagement you will be responsible for leading Digital Media, Marketing Technology and Social Media and managing a team of 8.
The development of the departments PPC and digital lead generation capability will be a key area of focus for this role. The successful candidate must have experience running a Paid Search function either for a brand or agency. You will oversee the PPC execution as well as playing a key role in the formulation of the overall group’s paid search strategy including leading the transition of the PPC function in-house. You will play a pivotal role within the department and will also work closely with key stakeholders outside Group Marketing, in particular the digital sales team in order to drive the PPC agenda across the organisation.
The ideal candidate should also have experience across social media & marketing technology as well as the ability to demonstrate strategic and innovative thinking; with an in-depth knowledge of and passion for marketing innovation.
- To lead, manage & develop the Digital Marketing & Innovation team within the Group Marketing Function
- Membership of the Brand Leadership Team
- The design, development and Execution of PPC solution focusing on digital lead generation
- Manage key relationships with key Group Marketing partners, particularly working in collaboration with the digital sales team
- Overseeing the management of social media and marketing technology
- Staying abreast of key marketing innovations and trends within PPC advertising and across the wider digital and media landscape
Minimum criteria for the role
In order to be considered for this position, you must have proven communications skills. You will need to be a team player with a dynamic ability to interact, converse and share ideas effectively with colleagues at all levels across their business.
- Hold a Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- Minimum of Ten years’ experience in Digital Marketing roles
- Previous experience managing digital marketing teams in retail, FMCG or financial services industry
- Experience of Paid search related roles; with a strong understanding of the Google Adwords execution platform
- Familiarity with web analytics platforms, in particular Google analytics
- Knowledge of tagging and key tag management tools such as Google tag manager would be beneficial
- Ability to demonstrate track record of achieving key metrics and targets within a lead generation role
- Knowledge of the overall digital marketing and social media landscape and the key recent developments and potential future trends
- Experience and a general understanding of other digital media channels such as social advertising, display and programmatic would be beneficial for this role
- A genuine interest in PPC advertising and in the wider media landscape
In addition, the ideal candidate would also be able to demonstrate the below skillsets:
- Analytically minded and results focused, comfortable with data and possess the ability to extract insight and learning from data
- Excellent people and communication skills. The ability to work effectively within a cross-functional environment is an important aspect of this role. Experience of dealing with senior business leaders and large stakeholder groups in a previous role, would be a distinct advantage.
For further information please contact Joan Fahey on 01 690 9718 or email@example.com
About Alternatives Group
Alternatives Group is an award winning, dynamic talent resourcing business with 3 key divisions: Alternatives Resourcing: No. 1 in the market for marketing, digital and commercial permanent and interim recruitment Alternatives Loyalty & Managed Services: On-site, performance managed loyalty, marketing and commercial solutions Alternatives Elect: Global executive search service Our flexible and dynamic business models ensure that we can provide right sized, talent appropriate solutions for our clients, who are typically medium to large Irish and global businesses with Irish hubs.