over 5 years ago
Galvanic Limited, a Dublin based company, following the most successful Kickstarter campaign by an Irish company ever, plans to market PIP - a wireless, hand-held device that uses Electrodermal Activity (EDA) in the fingers to measure an individual’s stress level in real time and communicates via Bluetooth to iOS or Android smart devices.
PIP relays changes in a person’s stress and relaxation to a Bluetooth enabled smart device, and then Galvanic’s proprietary signal processing algorithms convert this information into meaningful stress or relaxation metrics which are used to control a suite of applications which provide the end-user with a convenient, easy to use solution for easing and managing stress.
PIP is a fully-developed, patented product – and PIP works. In 2013 the Company was invited to exhibit PIP at Trinity College Dublin’s exhibition “Game: the future of play”, where PIP was considered by exhibition staff as one of the most popular exhibits in both the Dublin and Moscow exhibitions. Some 60,000 people in all used PIP at Game.
While Galvanic will ultimately target the mass consumer market it will focus initially on two specific “stress ease” segments being Therapeutic Support and Self Help/Consumer Wellness.
Role and Responsibilities
· Prepare and implement marketing plans for PIP and any future products, in line with overall business strategy.
· Lead and take primary responsibility for all marketing and communications activities
· Maintain the editorial plan, ensuring that schedules are maintained and deadlines met
· Monitor global market intelligence and competitor activity to help generate opportunities for PIP and any future products .
· .Identify and pre-qualify potential strategic partner relationships.
· Work with external advisors to develop PIP brand and brand/style guidelines.
· Maintain these guidelines, ensuring that they are kept up-to-date and effectively communicated internally and externally
· Create and/or commission relevant/engaging content that helps articulate the value of PIP and future products, in all relevant channels
· Act as a custodian of the Galvanic/PIP website. Develop plan to maximize usability, accessibility, SEO and best practice in language and format. Work efficiently and effectively with Galvanic’s third party web designers and developers
· Collaborate with media, marketing services agencies, printers and publishers, as required managing the production of marketing materials such as leaflets, flyers, posters and newsletters, including e-newsletters and DVDs
· Liaise with events coordinators to maximise visibility at conferences, receptions and exhibitions, including compiling product and literature lists to display or demonstrate
· Attend key conferences as required
· Be research literate, able to conduct or commission and intelligently interpret customer interviews and focus groups.
· Contribute to effective team operation across the full range of Galvanic’s activities
· Undertake any other duties reasonably required by Galvanic
· Leadership experience in marketing and sales management with a thorough knowledge of marketing principles, product or service management, sales and business development, along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
· Proven ability to work as part of a small, senior team to develop and implement effective marketing plans in line with the overall strategic goals of Galvanic.
· The ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategy and implementation.
· Practical and extensive experience in the application of digital marketing and social media as part of integrated marketing campaigns.
· Awareness of best practice in web usability, SEO and content production
· Experience in using Google Analytics and ability to analyse data and produce reports
· Demonstrated strong commercial acumen and skills to build new channels to market either directly or through strategic partnerships.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
· Flexible approach with ability effectively to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to work unsupervised and effectively within a team
· Knowledge and experience of consumer wearable sensors would be beneficial.
· Experience of working in a dynamic start-up environment would be beneficial.
· A strong understanding of consumer or health products.
· Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media tools
· Working knowledge of HTML / CSS / JS.
· Experience with Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign.
· Degree in marketing (MBA would be beneficial)