over 5 years ago
Analysis & Insight
- Assess industry & market trends
- Understand consumer behaviours, attitudes and motivations.
- Extensive product knowledge in tablets / handsets etc.
- Incorporation of new concepts into marketing strategy
- Create strategic business objectives for consumer and retail marketing.
- Create category planning across all consumer touch points
- Coordinate partner segmentation & prioritization
- Strategically influence assortment & merchandising
- Execution against the product life cycle
Consumer & Retail Marketing Principles
- Develop integrated marketing plans between consumer and retail marketing.
- Ensure positioning & messaging
- Strategic marketing objectives in-store and online
- Measure execution and ROI
- Influence partners with category expertise
- Drive the sales motion across the channels
- Impact & Influence the product business groups
- Drive cross group collaboration
Business Operational Excellence
- Execute against consumer and retail marketing budgets
- Demonstrate creativity and entrepreneurial behaviour
- Evangelize group strategy and direction – internally and externally - by aligning value proposition information with target audience, brand personality, and desired attitude change.
- Monitor the consistency of the product brand attributes and promise across multiple campaigns, across multi fiscal years.
- Direct and indirect leadership with outcomes
- Executive presence and leadership
- Influence across boundaries
- Impact and Influence w/o Authority
- Ensure that your Category Managers land and localize the positioning and messaging frameworks for the business group.
- Continually innovate on amplifying the impact and reach of the Category Manager team
- Revenue of category
- Category Profit
- Inventory management
- Space optimization
- Share growth
- Customer experience
- Revenue, share and profit
- Scorecard metrics
- Customer experience
- Market Attach
- Market Budget management
- Marketing KPIs
- New customer insights
- Partner program creation
- Partner and market insights
- Analysis and data mining to drive insights
- Strategic business planning
- Forward looking and strategic thinking
- Consultative leadership
- Business operational excellence
- New product launch know how (economics, process, program, skills)
- Strong collaboration skills
- Courage/risk taking
- Leading and thriving in ambiguity
- Strong coach and teacher of others
- 10+ years relevant consumer experience in Sales/Marketing/Supply Chain Mgmt, ideally from telco, consumer electronics or other devices
- Proven success at business building (business/channel development, entrepreneur, change management)
- Retailer buyer experience and functional depth (marketing, channels, partner-focused)
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Donal O'Donoghue with CV and cover letter on email@example.com
Alternatives is Ireland’s No1 marketing talent house. We specialise in permanent and interim marketing Recruitment, Marketing Consultancy and Marketing Training. We place marketers from executive to director level, and across all sectors. We work with most of Ireland’s medium-large companies and have the best and latest marketing roles.