almost 8 years ago
Alternatives is Irelands leading Marketing Talent House. We specialise in Permanent and Interim/ Contract Marketing Recruitment, Marketing Consultancy and Marketing Training (Open days and In-house). We place people in marketing roles from marketing executive level to Marketing Director across all sectors. We have the hottest clients and the best marketing roles so whether you are a product manager, brand manager, on-line genius, finance whiz or product specialist talk to us today. As marketers ourselves we can help you build your career.
The Business Group Lead is responsible for the business strategy of the Client business in Ireland. They maximise the growth opportunities of the business in Ireland across the full product portfolio and for all types of customers (businesses and consumers). This person is recognized internally and externally as a Senior Business leader and expert with his/her sub-industry. They are a key member of a very dynamic Irish Business Leadership Team and will be a key driver of the success of overall business in Ireland. The BG Lead understands, coordinates, and makes trade-offs across all elements including marketing, sales, partners and services.
The BG Lead is responsible for current revenue performance as well as long-term success of the Client business in Ireland. During planning and regular reviews, the BG Lead negotiates resource trade-offs with sales leads and the Business and Marketing Operations Director to achieve performance goals. This individual will own and drive the launch of new products for the Irish market.
Drives the growth of the Business Group within Ireland:
- Works with Sales Directors to agree on revenue targets and execution plans
- Determines optimal overall allocation of resources (e.g., marketing, headcount, etc).
- Orchestrates virtual teams of technical and sales specialists to guarantee their tight integration into the sales process for high priority opportunities. Accountable with th
- Sales Directors for the high Performance of the Business Specialist Sales force (Pipeline Health, Win Ratio, People Quality)
- Understands and lands the corporate strategy for the business in Ireland as appropriate to the Irish market getting to agreement on the Irish priorities within the Corporation, in Ireland and with Western Europe.
- Directs and leads strategy for how the solutions are marketed (within the guidance provided by corporate BG executives) and partners with the Audience Marketing Leads to ensure that the local marketing strategies are optimized for the Business. Provides real-time feedback on customer demand, competitive landscape, and other input into the corporate BG.
- Drives resolution on product-specific customer issues.
- Leads communities and virtual teams across the business to lead and drive execution on key priorities.
- Brings deep insight on the PC and device business in Ireland across all competitors and deep insight on performance and opportunities for the Client business in Ireland both to Irish business, to the Corporation and to Western Europe.
Key Success Criteria
- Builds excellent relationships and networks within the Irish business, with key customers and influencers and partners, with the Client group in Seattle and in Western Europe
- to influence the allocation of resources to Ireland,
- to champion the opportunities for the business in Ireland and
- to proactively identify high value opportunities for the company in Ireland.
- Leads the Client business to growth ahead of the market and ahead of expectations;
- Irish market has best in class rates of new product adoption, deployment and productive use such that the success of the business for the longer term is guaranteed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Passionate about technology and latest trends in how consumers and businesses can leverage technology.
- Deep experience in Sales, Technical and Product Marketing in both the business to business technology industry and the consumer technology industry,
- Third level qualification in IT or Business fields
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Technical expertise at an architectural level.
- Proven successes in virtual Team management.
- Proven excellent ability to influence and motivate others.
- Track record of strategic insight and decision making
- Excellent Program Management Skills
- Strategic Leadership
- Impact & Influence
- Customer and Partner Connection
- Cross Group Collaboration
- Analytical problem solving
- Drive for Results
Key Selling Points of the Role or Group
- Opportunity to lead the largest business group (Client) for Ireland and to be part of the Ireland Business Leadership team.
- Will lead the most exciting products launches for the business in Ireland
- Opportunity to own a business that straddles Commercial and Consumer markets, and that is very dynamic and innovative.