over 7 years ago
Business Group Lead (Server)
Our client is a global technology organisation. On their behalf, we are searching for an experienced Business Group Lead (BG Lead) to lead their server category into the enterprise market.
The Business Group Lead position is a key leadership role with end-to-end accountability for the Server business in the geography including planning, execution and governance. The Lead plays a highly strategic role as the spokesperson and representative for the business group internally and externally. The Business Group Lead garners and provides invaluable local insights on the geography’s business opportunities and competitive analysis, as well as critical feedback on Corporate Business Group strategies, metrics and programs.
An important responsibility of the BG Lead is building deep audience insight to build locally relevant customer offers and co-marketing partnerships which integrate into the commercial sales cycles.
Business Group Lead Responsibilities:
• Set ambitious business goals and achieve the objectives of the business group.
• Marketing Planning - develop dependable market & competitive insights, build a strategic localized marketing plan and manage flawlessly to the plan.
• Competitive Positioning and Response - provide the leadership to orchestrate the activities across geographies and business segments to execute global strategies perfectly. Assess and manage the overall sales & marketing ecosystem.
• Product Advocacy - model and manage the consistency of the product brand attributes and promise across multiple campaigns, across multi fiscal years.
• Promote Microsoft’s overall strategy and direction - internally and externally.
• BA (master’s degree or MBA preferred)
• 8-10 years of product marketing experience
• 5+ years of people management experience with customer/partner facing marketing professionals
• Excellent cross-group collaboration skills
• Advanced conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Advanced oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational abilities