To be discussed
4 months ago
Strategic Marketing Planner
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a world-leading food and beverage business as Strategic Marketing Planner.
This role would suit someone ideally coming from a research agency at Client Manager level.
Working in a key category team, this is an opportunity to gain multiple market experience. The core remit of the role working to develop marketing strategies within your category and value propositions for the business and insight as to how these can be brought to market for key customers.
Key to this role is superb strategic capabilities, project management skills and a customer focussed approach. A background in, or experience working with clients within food and beverages is preferred, but not an absolute requirement. Demonstrable experience in trend analysis and proposition development is essential.
Your key role responsibilities will include;
- Provide critical customer, consumer, geography and technology insight through the use of the business’ foresight tools, including subscription-based data sources, consumer surveys and panels, direct interviews, sensory research analysis, market immersion, trend analysis, etc to support the development of the category strategies
- Interpreting how the company should be positioned into the category through development of the propositions and then working with the customer communications team and/or agency partners on execution of same into the marketplace including, the relevant media touch points, all supporting marketing collateral including tradeshows.
- Develop and manage the category and Technology calendar of activity ensuring all activity is delivered on time and on plan.
- Support the in-market and channel marketing teams in the successful engagement of targeted and prioritised customers.
- Development of strategic content for the category that can be shared internally and externally.
- Linking with central marketing teams and taking guidance on digital strategy, branding and messaging to ensure consistency in the category approach both to strategy, activation and communication of key messages
- In addition, you will also have responsibility for supporting the category Strategic Marketing Manager with the marketing of the relevant technologies.
To be considered for this role, a business degree or similar qualification is required. You must be able to demonstrate;
- Expertise in the fundamentals of Marketing communications, research and activation, consumer insights and data analysis, focusing on internal and external interviews, literature reviews, survey design, pivot tables, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, and a talent for storing, filling and sharing information with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly grasp and become proficient in new concepts, ideas, technologies, markets, tools and ways of working.
- An enthusiastic attitude towards effectively interacting with many different functions and serving as an active participant on a multinational, multi-functional team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from inception to completion, including the management of multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and of 3rd party agencies (marketing / design / research).
- Strong capability in applying quantitative and qualitative analysis methodologies, interpreting and presenting findings in a clear, concise manner, including the creation and use of tables, charts, and graphics to summarize results.
- Experience and creativity in preparing and hosting successful client meetings. Skills include meticulous preparation, asking the right questions, managing deadlines and expectations, etc.
- A passion for actively engaging across the business, building partnerships based on trust and integrity.
Contact Lauren Fahy on email@example.com or 085 161 2262 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.
First to the future, ensuring you are too