about 1 year ago
International Commercial Director
An international premium spirits brand is seeking an International Sales & Marketing Director, responsible for the planning and implementation of all tactical sales activities as well as trade/customer marketing activities for the company’s portfolio.?Inherent in this responsibility is the management of all budgets, and distributor/importer relationships.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Management of a multi – brand portfolio across many countries / territories.
- Geographical sales responsibility for all of Europe initially, with advancement into Asia and Africa at the appropriate time.
- Delivery of the overall region-specific volume, share, and profit objectives as articulated in the annual and 5 Year operating plan.
- Oversee the development and execution of annual sales plans by brand, by market, by distributor, and by major on premise and retail customer.? Plans to include distributor/broker shipment and depletion goals, accounts sold goals and pricing per market.
- Direct the activities of regional distributors/brokers to maximize the profitable sales of the company’s drinks portfolio.
- Maintain and increase customer penetration through high level, meaningful contact with the key on premise and retail customers throughout the various countries.? This includes national and major independent accounts.
- Ensure the development and efficient management of all sales/marketing budgets.
- Travel throughout the Region on a frequent basis to observe business conditions and to interface with customers, distributors/brokers, and company sales personnel.
- Provide frequent formal and informal reporting to senior stakeholders relative to all aspects of the business.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the distributor/broker network.
- A commercial executive with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the beverage alcohol industry; International experience a must.
- Marketing/ consumer brand management experience a plus, as the role will be about creating a strong consumer brand
- A self-starter able to function effectively in an independent, entrepreneurial business environment.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- Excellent planner and organizer
- Not reluctant to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished
- Fiscally responsible individual who knows how to manage budgets and P&L’s efficiently.
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel frequently (minimum 60%).
- Multi-lingual ideally
- College Degree, Advanced Degree a plus
For a confidential discussion, please contact Contact Lauren Fahy on +353 85 1612262 or email@example.com
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.
First to the future, ensuring you are too.