Based on experience
5 months ago
Internal Communications Executive
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a FTSE 100 company in a permanent role as Internal Communications Executive. This is a key role on the marketing and communications team and will be critical in the development and improvement of leadership and employee engagement to drive purpose and understanding of the organisation’s vision.
The role will report directly to Communications Manager and will start on a remote working basis. Post government Covid restrictions, this role will be based in our Group Headquarters in Dublin.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Marketing and Comms Director and HR to plan and execute business engagement and connection content for Group Headquarters.
- Ensure a regular drumbeat of communications for the organisation globally; development and management of the internal communications calendar, ensuring a pipeline of internal news stories
- Devise compelling stories and bring the corporate narrative to life for different stakeholder audiences
- Develop and execute campaigns with wider comms team ensuring integrated messages and activities including writing first draft internal communications emails on behalf of the CEO.
- Work across the business to educate on what good communications can do and develop relationships
- Responsibility for writing and publishing intranet news stories and banners and ensuring the intranet news section is kept up to date with all internal communications activity
- Management of internal communications infrastructure including Poppulo (email), Intranet (SharePoint) and SKTV (Scala).
- Become familiar with brand guidelines and act as a brand guardian for all communications published
Marketing Communications Network / Team Support
- Understand the key Communications platforms and network and develop/integrate the effectiveness of the communications plan
- Work with our agencies to design and develop content that reaches through the organisation to the global network of the MCN (marketing communications network) and CA’s (communications ambassadors)
- Act as the main owner for the MCN Teams channel including responsibility for scheduling and running the MCN global virtual meet, managing all presentations and minutes required for this
- Creation of the MCN newsletter following the monthly call
- Assist the MCN team with any brand queries
- Supporting the team to track the overall marketing and comms budget
- Responsibility for development and distribution of the bi-monthly PR coverage report
- Responsibility for the weekly tracking of PR coverage for the organisation
As part of a small global team, you will need to be both advisor and tactically deliver. Must have previous internal communications experience, confident proactive approach and strong writer.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to adapt to the corporate and brand tone of voice and inclusion and diversity.
- Comfortable and efficient in a fast-paced environment
- A real team-player who is able to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Competency in a range of Software tools including MS Office, MS Team, SharePoint. Experience in employee communications software is a distinct advantage (business currently uses Poppulo).
- Third-level qualification in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business, Human Resources, or a related field
Previous Experience Required:
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in an internal communications role, or a wider communications / HR role where internal communications was a key part of your remit.
- Experience in a large corporate or multinational environment.
Contact Lauren Fahy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 582 4483 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.