12 months ago
Group Marketing Manager - Alternatives
About Alternatives Group
We are a talent solutions consultancy providing the game changing talent and bespoke talent solutions that transform business and unlock brand and business growth.
We were born out of a need for a fresh alternative. We create an alternative to the ordinary, connecting with precision the best with the best, unlocking smart growth and flexible solutions for individuals and business and all the time with unrelenting imagination, integrity, passion and expertise.
Along the way we accumulated knowledge, history, insights, wisdom and friends. We invested in industry, opinions, training, people. We continually learn from leaders, outliers, influencers and inspirers. We gained an advantage in this transformational era by living change from the front through continually advising and prioritizing our relationship with our unique tribe.
Today, we continue to push forward, first to the future, driven by our purpose to empower growth and champion our tribe.
Our tribe changes the game by not accepting the ordinary. They are growth agents and customer evangelists, driving transformation in a data driven, digital enhanced age. They live at the front of trends and new technologies, bringing insight, understanding and innovation to their customers. They recognise that to be truly successful they must put the customer at the heart of their company strategy. Our tribe builds outstanding brands and businesses. Our tribe powers growth.
The primary purpose of this role is to drive brand awareness, community engagement and thought leadership as well attract leading talent and the best clients through effective, targeted marketing activities and prospecting campaigns.
You will lead the brand reputation and commercial effectiveness of Alternatives by creating and executing communications across all channels: PR, trade press, online, events, e-mail marketing and social media.
You will be responsible for launching Alternatives new strategy across our new and existing clients, the wider community and our Tribe.
The role involves creating and executing a robust marketing plan that demonstrates how Alternatives can support clients to unlock top line growth through our talent solutions, and to showcase how Alternatives empowers our tribe to be ambitious and successful throughout their working lives with a range of flexible working options.
This role reports to the Managing Director, Bernie Keogh.
- Play a key role in positioning and differentiating Alternatives in the market to reflect our new strategy
- Drive brand awareness and salience across several key target audiences to support commercial objectives and drive engagement
- Responsible for managing one direct report, the marketing executive. Supporting them in their objectives, coaching and evaluating them in their role.
- Lead the annual marketing planning, delivering a customer-centric strategy tailored for key target audiences, that will meet the brand and commercial objectives
- Development and implementation of Alternatives direct communications strategy including BTL, digital, content and events for both our candidate and client communities, ensuring brand consistency and a contemporary look and feel
- Develop CRM strategy, optimize segmentation to allow for identification of target segments, dedicated communication with potential clients and campaign tracking
- Planning and execution of podcasts, videos, online content, press releases, and advertising material for key marketing campaigns, ensuring compliance to all brand identity standards
- Work closely with wider team to deliver strategic customer and candidate initiatives to support the achievement of the business objectives of the priority business divisions.
- Managing and developing the CRM system in line with their best practice processes, ensuring GDPR compliance
- Lead the planning and execution of data management projects including specific data segmentation, audits and clean-up projects
- Lead and inspire external supplier and agency relationships through development of clear briefs and campaign objectives, in order to deliver the communications strategy
- Responsible for managing the marketing budget
- Drive maximum efficiencies and effectiveness across all marketing activities in order to meet agreed brand and commercial objectives.
- Develop and execute a SEO and keyword strategy in line with business objectives
- Market analysis and insights, market trends and competitor activity for monthly, quarterly and annual plans
- Develop and execute a measurement and evaluation framework for consistency of campaign reporting
- Support business development through market analysis
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Marketing with strong direct marketing, CRM, database and digital marketing experience and podcasting and video production experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in B2B marketing and communications, with dedicated CRM experience
- Good personal leadership skills and influencing abilities, allowing you to effectively manage people and external partners to deliver our programme goals.
- Ability to manage detailed projects from beginning to end brilliantly –with a strong sense of urgency to deliver outstanding business results, and an ability to recognise course correction requirements.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- Understands how to manage, motivate and mobilise individuals and teams e.g. agency partners, internal stakeholders.
- Flexible and willing to support multiple functions, business units and competing demands
- Line manager experience is preferred
PLEASE NOTE THIS CAN BE A FULL OR PART TIME ROLE.
This is an initial 9-12 month contract position.
Contact Lauren Fahy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 085 161 2262 for a confidential discussion,