11 months ago
As part of this work Fáilte Ireland is seeking to recruit a Digital Marketing Manager to lead out on new areas of strategic priority. This is a fantastic opportunity and time to join the Digital Marketing team bringing effective strategic direction and leadership in the recovery and growth of tourism in Ireland.
The role will report to the Head of Digital Marketing and shall be based either in Fáilte Ireland, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1 or Limerick. However, in line with current Government guidance, it is likely that the successful candidate will commence in this role while working from home. Please note that outside of the emergency measures currently in place by the Government, Fáilte Ireland’s standard policy concerning work location is that it is based at its administrative offices and Tourist Information Centres.
Fáilte Ireland (The National Tourism Development Authority) is the State organisation responsible for promoting and supporting the development of tourism as a key driver of economic growth in Ireland. It provides strategic leadership and a range of practical business solutions to foster competitive tourism enterprise, encourage innovation and support policy formulation to help position and sustain Ireland as an attractive and compelling visitor destination.
Manager Digital Marketing, Digital Transformation
Full-time, Fixed Term for maximum 23 months
Applications will be managed by Faye Constance of Alternatives - email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday, 24th March at 5.00pm (Ireland Time)
Fáilte Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
JobTitle: Digital Marketing Manager
Job Ref: HR/ES/17
Location: Dublin or Limerick
Business Unit: Digital Marketing
Salary: €57,418 - €90,532*
*The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government pay policy.
Reporting to: Head of Digital Marketing
Job Context and Purpose
There has been a digital revolution in the global economy during 2020 - global acceptance and usage of digital technology has jumped as much in the last 8 months as it did in the previous?8 years.? As a result, Tourism and hospitality businesses need enhanced online booking and distribution to better manage visitor numbers;?their business operations; and their revenues. Tourism enterprises need to become digitally enabled to better respond to the needs and expectations of visitors both domestically and internationally.?To address this critical challenge, Fáilte Ireland is embarking on a digital transformation of the visitor experiences sector and digital upskilling of the accommodation sector. This has been identified as a strategic priority for the organisation.
Over the next 3-5 years Fáilte Ireland aim to partner with 3,350+ businesses to deliver a stepchange in their online presence. The ‘Digital that Delivers’ programme will provide practical, technical and financial support to enable the Irish visitor experiences & accommodation sectors to:
1. Develop bookable experiences, if they do not currently have an experience that is bookable- both paid & non-paid.
2. Activate connected online booking systems, capable of accepting direct bookings on own website and traditional channels as well as distributing their product to third party channels like Online Travel Agencies.
3. Enhance their own websites to drive consideration and conversion for their product offering.
4. Improve digital capabilities of business owners/staff to utilise the functionality of ‘connected’ booking systems to enhance and streamline the management of inventory, staff, equipment, marketing, communications and other businesses processes.
5. Target consumers with the right content, at the right time, on the channels that are most convenient for them.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven Digital Marketing professional who is looking to take the next step in their career to join the Fáilte Ireland team.
This is a strategic and results focused role, requiring a digital marketing professional with strong business acumen and an ability to apply their expertise to step change the digital capabilities of both Fáilte Ireland and the Tourism industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible, as part of a wider cross functional team of internal and external partners, for delivering key workstreams within the “Digital that Delivers” programme. In particular, they will have responsibility for delivering 3 key programmes for the industry; the website improvement, content and digital marketing optimisation programmes for the industry.
They will also have responsibility for strategic input into other priority transformation initiatives across the digital marketing team as appropriate e.g. Visit Dublin rebuild. They will be required to liaise with stakeholders across Fáilte Ireland and beyond to drive better synergies and positively impact the Fáilte Ireland digital footprint, as well as that of local authorities, regional Tourism groups and the Tourism businesses themselves.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering digital transformation, across both infrastructure and content. They will have a strong understanding of the latest digital marketing strategies and tools and be able to lead and influence digital change from concept through to execution.
They will work with the Head of Digital Marketing, a sizable cross functional Failte Ireland team and external agency partners to deliver strategic initiatives on time and on budget. The candidate will work well with change and challenge, be a creative problem solver and have a user centric mindset in designing and developing digital work programmes.
• Lead and oversee the delivery of specific workstreams within the “Digital that Delivers” programme of work, supporting and collaborating with internal stakeholders and the external delivery team as required across:
• Website development and Improvement programme
• Online marketing optimisation
• Transformative content curation, creation and roll out
• Identify innovative solutions that will enable Fáilte Ireland to streamline delivery of the programme and effectively scale up industry engagement year on year.
• Identify ways in which Fáilte Ireland can strengthen its partnership with the industry and Tourism Trade bodies to expedite the recovery of the industry post COVID-19
• Manage the communication and regular reporting and tracking of progress v’s goals back into the Steering Group and senior management
• Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies for Fáilte Ireland
• Strategic input into the other Fáilte Ireland transformation initiatives – the rebuild and redesign of VisitDublin.com
• Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end visitor experience across multiple channels and customer touch points, identifying and actioning solutions as appropriate
• Collaborate brilliantly with agencies and other vendor partners
• Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
• Proactively mentor and develop the skills of the wider teams where appropriate
Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Digital Marketing Team by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
Person Specification Essential Criteria
The successful candidate will have previously worked as a Digital Marketing Manager or equivalent, responsible for scaled digital transformation, in particular in the area of website design, build and digital marketing optimisation. They will have experience in working cross functionally, moving easily from strategy to execution as required.
• 6 years digital experience
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management role that includes a proven track record in the following:
- Leading, designing, and delivery of digital marketing change programmes
- Leading website build and optimisation, delivering positive commercial results
- Delivering an “owned” platform strategy and content approach to websites and social, driving efficiency and cost saving
- Rounded experience in all aspects digital marketing
• Demonstrated excellent leadership, relationship management and influencing skills
• Demonstrated ability to think beyond digital in silo and as an integrated part of wider brand activity (e.g. physical brand experiences with digital experiences)
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics, website CMS and Hubspot (or equivalent Marketing CRM tool).
• A strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment. Always ready to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
• Deep personal accountability for great performance
• Experience in a digital role within a consumer brand centric organisation
• Experience in managing a team
• Experience of working in the tourism and travel industry
• Management of complex cross functional teams and agency partners
• Experience in Social media marketing, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, display advertising campaigns
• Budget management
Candidates are required to hold a third level qualification in Business, Marketing, or a related discipline.
A digital qualification or equivalent is preferred.
• Strategic Thinking
• Commercial Acumen
• Influencing skills
A panel may be created from which future vacancies may be filled.