South Lotts Road, Ireland
about 6 years ago
Location: London or Dublin
Betfair is the world’s biggest betting community having pioneered the betting exchange in 2000.
Driven by cutting-edge technology, Betfair enables customers to bet at odds sought by themselves or offered by other customers. The company now processes over seven million transactions a day from its four million registered customers around the world. In addition to sports betting, Betfair offers a portfolio of innovative products including a new fixed odds betting sportsbook, casino, exchange games and poker.
Betfair has twice been named the UK’s ‘Company of the Year’ by the Confederation of British Industry and has won two prestigious Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, being recognised for Innovation in 2003 and for International Trade in 2008. The company holds betting licences in Gibraltar, the US, Tasmania, Italy, Malta and Denmark.
Find out more. Visit views.betfair.comcorporate.betfair.com and www.betfair.com
Betfair is a business in transition. We need leaders to shape this transition, profitably.
The Brand team is helping to shape this change. We will own and evangelise the principle of putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
To help achieve this on line, we have created the exciting new leadership role within the Brand Team Advertising Manager
You will lead our creative vision above the line and deliver best in class advertising and messaging. You will lead in developing a messaging plan that will take advantage of our unique proposition. You will work with the 3 business units to conceptualise and deliver advertising campaigns and new product launches. You will understand the ways in which we will win as a business versus the competition and with core agencies and internal teams get creative to market that ensures we achieve our business targets
Critical situation analysis and customer segmentation
- Rigorously and critically analyse the current Advertising & Brand strategy at Betfair – Creative, Media and Design in particular
- Segment customers, by vertical, based upon their usage and needs, and the develop overall communication strategies for the verticals
Lead and own the Advertising & Brand Strategy for Betfair
- Deliver the brand and advertising strategy including creative and media solutions covering Visual and Brand Identity, Advertising & Content and Design
- Define and deliver against the measures that will demonstrate success
- Work hand in hand with the 3 verticals of Exchange, Sportsbook and Gaming to support 100% on strategy execution of all Communications
- Build a fully detailed messaging plan to differentiate the brand and convince our competitors customers to switch to Betfair
- Manage the creative agency and when required the production agency to deliver on time and to budget world class creative output.
- Working with consumer groups to rigorously test messaging and creative to ensure it appeals and delivers desired results with target audience
- Work with media team to understand best media forms to deliver against brand and business goals
- Ensure a consistent brand experience at every customer contact point
- Relentlessly drive communications innovation across the organisation to support product innovation
Essential Skills & Experience
- PACE, BREVITY, CONCISENESS and ACTION ORIENTATION
- Experience of TV advertising and the ability to plan and deliver campaigns on budget on time and on message
- Creative thinker and ability to influence through unique thought
- A track record of creative output that has achieved against the set goals and objectives
- An ability to react to mass market media with messaging that creates cut through for the Betfair brand
- Proven track record of managing budgets
- A team player, who will contribute across all areas of brand building
- Creative problem-solving. Ability to analyse, define and solve problems fully to deliver best possible results for the business
- Good knowledge of technology and On line brand building
- Emotional Energy & Drive – Someone who can infect others with their energy and enthusiasm, who inspires other to perform to the highest standards
- High Influencing skills – Someone who through confidence and judgement can bring disparate teams together to work effectively and collaboratively towards a common goal
- “Edge” - Someone who is comfortable making difficult / tough decisions and act on them in a timely manner
- Relentless Curiosity – Someone who seeks and uses knowledge as a habit and part of their everyday life to continuously be ahead of the curve
- Drive for winning – Someone who is passionate to beat the competition, where losing market share is not an option.