Dublin 2, Ireland
Software Architect - Big Data & SaaS
over 1 year ago
Big Data Software Architect
We are currently working to appoint a passionate and proactive Big Data Software Architect with hands-on skills and strong communications skills.
Our client is a leading global brand running advanced analytics software architecture on a big data level. Excellent package on offer.
- Define the architecture and design of our large-scale high-throughput software solutions; Design new product modules for scalability;
- Assess technologies and third party products: Rapidly prototype solutions for new problems; Some “hands-on” development
- Mentor developers
- Document and Present architecture and technical solutions within the company and to customers
The successful candidate will have:
- A solid track record of architecting and designing large-scale high-throughput software solutions
- Proven ability to assess and recommend architectures, technologies and vendors; with an understanding of multiple options for architectures
- Ability to drive development of solutions, from architecture through design and development, including mentoring developers and some “hands-on” development
- Very Strong communication, presentation, and documentation ability
- Experience in designing multiple large data volume software solutions with a good understanding of clustering and parallel architectures
- 5+ years hands-on experience with open source software platforms and programming languages, such as Java with Linux
- Experience with Relational databases such as MySQL or PostGreSQL with very large databases
Preferred but by no means essential...
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience with Amazon AWS such as EC2, Beanstalk, SQS, EMR, Redshift would be very beneficial but is not essential
- experience with big data technologies such as Message Queue architectures, Apache Spark , Kafka, and Hadoop would be advantageous
The Art of Talent Solutions.
Passionate about people | Passionate about performance
If you are interested in discussing or applying for this role please contact Adrian Clarke, Business Manager - Data Analytics - Evolved Marketing
E.: email@example.com or call 01 661 8889 ext 209 or 087 660 88 74