€70,000 - €80,000
over 4 years ago
Our client is a global technology organisations combining the best of data analytics technologies with genealogical applications.
We are building out a brand new Data Science team within our International HQ, located in the heart of Dublin city centre. Alternatives are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to take a key role in the establishment and development of this exciting new team.
Reporting directly to the Principal Data Scientist in Dublin, you will be a senior member of the global Data Science & Machine Learning Team, tackling this group's toughest and most exciting data science challenges.
- Use data science to drive product innovation, customer success, marketing optimisation, and more across both our family history and consumer genomics businesses
- Apply statistics, clustering, and modelling to complex business problems
- Help champion a data-driven culture and push long-term business value creation through development of best-in-class data science capabilities
- Leverage data mining, computer science, and/or natural language processing to increase value across our businesses
- Act as a thought leader in the international business
- Partner with our in-house team of geneticists on R&D projects
- Masters or PhD (ideally) in Statistics, Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or related quantitative degree is required
- 2-4+ years of industry experience
- Proven track record of completing multiple data science projects end to end, from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables
- Proficiency in both Python and R (programming is important)
- Experience with Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming) and MapReduce
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly skilled at translating business requirements from key stakeholders into shovel-ready work plans
- Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of on-time and within-budget delivery
- Exceptional ability to manage priorities across multiple stakeholders
o apply for this role - reach out to Adrian Clarke, Data Analytics Talent Manager - 016618889 | 0876608874 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About Alternatives Group
Our flexible and dynamic business models ensure that we can provide right sized, talent appropriate solutions for our clients, who are typically medium to large Irish and global businesses with Irish hubs.
Alternatives | the home of marketing, digital, data analytics & customer-centric talent