€48,585 - €69,498
7 months ago
Officer, Marketing Communications
Fixed Term for Maximum 23 months
As COVID-19 continues to have a catastrophic effect on the tourism and hospitality industry, Fáilte Ireland is helping the industry navigate and survive this crisis through targeted business supports, key mentoring and tailored recovery plans.
Fáilte Ireland is currently seeking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Officer to join its marketing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the marketing team and work with an incredible portfolio of brands, contributing to the growth of tourism in Ireland. This role will directly contribute to the B2B marketing communications efforts of the organisation to support of the tourism industry to survive and thrive.
The role will report to the Marketing Communications Manager and be based at Fáilte Ireland, Aras Fáilte, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1. However, in line with current Government guidance, it is likely that the successful candidate will commence in this role while working from home. Please note that outside of the emergency measures currently in place by the Government, Fáilte Ireland’s standard policy concerning work?location?is that it is based at its administrative offices and Tourist Information Centres.
Applications will be managed by Faye Constance of Alternatives - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: Thursday, 25th March at 5.00pm (Ireland Time)
Interviews are likely to take place on Monday, 12th April 2021.
Fáilte Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Officer, Marketing Communications
Job Ref: HR/ES/19
Location: Dublin Initially the successful candidate will work remotely in line with Government guidelines.
Business Unit: Marketing Communications
Salary: €48,585 - €69,498*
*The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government pay policy.
Reporting to: Marketing Communications Manager
The successful candidate will have specific responsibility, as part of the marketing team, for developing and implementing B2B marketing communications campaigns. We work in partnership with Government, State Agencies, Local Authorities, representative bodies and tourism enterprises, to respond to the needs of the industry so that Ireland’s tourism sector continues to develop and thrive.
The B2B Marketing Communications team provide support to all divisions within Fáilte Ireland to deliver best in class communications to thousands of businesses in the tourism and hospitality industry. Through B2B communications, we enable our industry by giving them greater clarity on all the initiatives and supports that are relevant to them and provide them with the tools to leverage those supports to drive revenue for their own business.
Fáilte Ireland also drives demand for holidays at home by marketing Ireland’s four regional experience brands: Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland’s Ancient East, Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands and Dublin. ?Note: Our partner agency, Tourism Ireland, has the responsibility of marketing the Island of Ireland to overseas holidaymakers. We work very closely in partnership with them as they develop global campaigns.
The candidate will champion creativity and a user-centric mindset in developing integrated B2B marketing communications and innovations on our paid, owned and earned platforms.
They will work closely with B2B digital marketing communications and corporate communications teams in developing and delivering the strategy and creative assets for our communications campaigns.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
• Contribute to the delivery and implementation of the B2B marketing communications strategy and to consistently optimise our B2B content so it gets noticed, remembered, understood and acted upon.
• Lead out on the marketing communications of various corporate strategic priority projects by developing communications plans and co-ordinating B2B campaign requirements such as COVID-19 Safety Charter, Tourism Business Continuity Scheme and virtual industry events etc.
• Work closely with our agency partners to develop Through The Line (TTL) creative assets as required to support key strategic initiatives and input into the development & implementation of media planning.
• Lead out on design and visual identity projects for our corporate brand, our consumer brands and visitor attractions and developing toolkits for industry.
• Work with the Economic and Industry Analysis team to implement research projects to give us greater insight and understanding of our B2B audiences and the Consumer Planning & Insights team to implement research projects to give us greater insight and understanding of our visitor.
• Work closely with our B2C Marketing Communications colleagues to support the industry activation of various consumer campaigns such as Keep Discovering.
• To support the wider organisation with their communications in terms of recommending and advising on the best channels to deliver to maximise our reach.
• Build stakeholder relationships and work with teams across all divisions to deliver the marketing plans across all channels.
• Deliver against goals and KPIs that are aligned with B2B marketing communications and corporate objectives and adhere to processes to review performance against these objectives and appropriate international benchmarks.
• Project manage the delivery of campaigns and projects.
• Support in the creative development process with agencies.
• Support in the development of media plans and actively manage their implementation
• Maintain a good understanding of CRM tools and website analytic tools (eg: Google analytics, Power BI, Microsoft Dynamics).
• Support the team in reporting on data, learnings and ROI analysis from marketing activity.
• Coordinate weekly meetings with internal teams, agencies and stakeholders.
• Support the members of the team in all administration and financial management tasks.
• Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Marketing Division by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
The successful candidate will have previously worked as a marketing officer / senior brand manager within a large corporate organisation (or a comparable role within a marketing agency or similar company) where you will have extensive experience of working on brands and on activation of integrated marketing campaigns. Part of a strong marketing team, you will have clear marketing capabilities and skills, and experience in working with people as part of an integrated team and working cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders. You will also be able to demonstrate excellent relationship management of agencies and a range of external partners.
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must have / demonstrate in your application form the following:
• A minimum of 5 years’ marketing experience
• 3 years’ experience in a marketing communications role at a large consumer brand driven organisation (or a comparable role within a marketing agency or similar company)
• Experience will include research, insight development, marketing strategy, integrated marketing communications and measurement / evaluation
• Directly involved in the delivery of a large scale B2B or B2C communications campaign that included both traditional and digital media.
• Experience working cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders
• Demonstrated excellent relationship management
A degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline is essential (minimum Level 7 under the QQI Framework)
• Knowledge of Fáilte Ireland brands and the broader Irish tourism product offering Key Competencies
• Customer Orientation
• Strategic Thinking
• Cross-Functional Collaboration
• Innovation & Initiative
A panel may be created from which future vacancies may be filled