12 months ago
Marketing Communications Manager – Cork
We are working with a leading national cancer charity on appointment of their marketing communications manager. Reporting into the CEO, this is a critical position in the position, responsible for leading the development and delivery of engaging and measurably impactful communication and marketing strategies which increase the charity’s visibility, engage the relevant audiences and support the organisation’s long-term strategy.
If you have a passion for branding and design and a demonstrable ability of leveraging digital media to increase visibility, this might be the role for you!
Day-to-day, the success candidate you will manage all activities across the organisation’s digital channels including, website, social media (organic and paid) and email marketing.
In addition to digital marketing, the role will oversee press and media relations, video, copy and speech writing, branding and design.
The post holder will also deliver marcomm plans, working with teams across fundraising, partnerships, events, and research on initiatives with corporate and high-profile stakeholders as well as public outreach and education.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing delivery of marketing, communications, brand and design strategies across the organisation’s communication channels
- Leading the management, development and evolution of marketing plans, websites, social media, creative campaigns and the overall digital strategies
- Overall guardianship of the organisation’s brand in terms of design and tone of voice across all channels – print, digital, and voice – providing updates, guidelines and training as appropriate
- Manage the relationships with and the output of creative and media partners.
- Managing and delivering paid media planning and implementation, optimising budget and results (includes print, digital, OOH, PPC and social)
- Financial and budget management – ensuring cost-effectiveness and optimal ROI
- Regularly analyzing activities and trends in high-quality reports to CEO and Directors to demonstrate impact and help inform the strategic direction of the charity
- Work closely with analytics and insights partner to determine the optimal ways to assess campaign performance and measure return on investment.
- Drive communications thought leadership and implementation of long-term strategic planning process to deliver higher impact and cost=effective activity and programmes.
- Growing the charity's profile, supporter base and increasing income generation via intelligent use of data
- A key leadership role in the charity
You will be ideally suited for this role if you have…
- A successful track record in a communications and marketing leadership role
- Proven experience in developing and executing marketing and communications strategies and plans
- Proven success in devising and delivering creative and effective marketing, brand communications and implementation across a range of formats, markets and channels
- Previously managed external agency / supplier relationships (creative, digital, media)
- Experience in overseeing and managing websites, including a clear understanding of back-end platforms and services and experience of working with a CMS.
- Experience and understanding of how to use tools such as Google Analytics and AdWords
- A notable background in managing and analysing data
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of Facebook Ads Manager
- Experience with managing external partners including agencies and other organisations
- Enthusiasm and passion about the charity mission
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- An ability as a self-starter to prioritize, work under pressure and deliver against set targets to agreed deadlines.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in staying abreast of issues surrounding social mobility, and willingness to translate policy into practice.
- Excellent presentation skills, creative and passionate team player.
Contact Lauren Fahy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 582 4483 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.