about 1 year ago
Innovation & Portfolio Manager – Consumer Goods
This is an exceptional opportunity for an innovation / insights manager to join an international organisation as part of their Irish team. This is a new role in the business which will be responsible for defining the portfolio architecture, shaping and delivering the innovation strategy and 3-5year funnel: from the where to play to the how to win to recruit new consumers and drive profitable growth in partnership with R&D and Marketing teams.
This role has a key role to play in the on-going transformation of the brand aiming to put the consumer at the centre. Critical to this role will be working with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams to successfully land the innovation strategy and portfolio.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Own the product portfolio architecture – define where to play and how to win to recruit new consumers & drive profitable growth in partnership with R&D and Marketing teams
· Own the product portfolio funnel: Define, test and drive the development of new concepts from product brief to validated claim and consumer benefits working closely with R&D, Marketing and Sales
o Deep understanding of consumer insights and barriers to renovate existing product portfolio &/or identify new growth spaces
o Lead R&D brief & concept validation
o Coordinate with commercial teams the business plan of each new project
o Support validation claims & develop the white paper to substantiate new products
o Post-launch analysis
· Co-Lead with R&D the Innovation Quarterly Reviews
· Work closely with Legal, R&D, Insights and BI (Business Intelligence) to keep “up to date” with the professional claims and consumer benefits to support our “Best” positioning at global and local level
· Identify and socialize competitive product insights and support the teams in finding the relevant tactics/ argumentation to claim our leadership
· Manage the complex portfolio with the different senior group stakeholders, identifying commercial needs and ensuring approval for priority projects
Contact Lauren Fahy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 582 4483 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.