over 2 years ago
A fantastic Utilities Brand are seeking a Data Scientist for a permanent position based in Dublin. This role is reporting into the Head of Marketing and is a newly created position to drive new insights and utilise data to inform the vision for the future. it is offering a real step-up in your career with extensive autonomy and ownership to shape the role and the wider applications of data in the organisation's marketing activities.
- Develop, test, implement and monitor statistical models.
- Analyse complex datasets, translating them into key strategy approaches for the business.
- Perform data analysis using the adobe analytics suite collating data from a variety of sources
- Develop data models which form insights and conclusions on customer behaviour.
- Communicate and liaise with managers and decision makers, presenting findings in the appropriate manner for the audience.
- Contribute to the improvements and implementation of products and campaigns, assessing opportunities and making recommendations on your findings.
- Use of advanced analytical techniques including Logistic Regression, Clustering and Machine Learning to perform data modelling to support strategic and operational decisions
- Be the Data expert in the team, always sharing your knowledge on new data sources and trends in analytics.
- Third level degree or equivalent, preferably in Maths, Statistics, Economics or Computer Sciences.
- Good commercial acumen, with the ability to develop accurate, insightful reports and information.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to project manage, starting from a problem or business question to a working implementation.
- The ability to work creatively, including excellent problem solving.
- Must hold the ability to work on your own initiative including managing your time effectively.
- Familiar with the following: Adobe, R, SPSS, Python, Hadoop and other such solutions.
- Must show a real interest in the field of data science with a willingness to learn continuously.
Salary for this role is based on experience. For further information please contact Adrian Clarke, Business Manager - Analytics on 01 661 8889.
About Alternatives Group
Alternatives Group is an award winning, dynamic talent resourcing business with 3 key divisions:
- Alternatives Resourcing: No. 1 in the market for marketing, digital and commercial permanent and interim recruitment
- Alternatives Loyalty & Managed Services: On-site, performance managed loyalty, marketing and commercial solutions
- Alternatives Elect: Global executive search service
Our flexible and dynamic business models ensure that we can provide right sized, talent appropriate solutions for our clients, who are typically medium to large Irish and global businesses with Irish hubs.