Based on experience
9 months ago
A highly successful, indigenous Irish business based in north Dublin is seeking a data analyst to join their marketing team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the digital marketing manager, and part of an overall marketing team of six, this position will be critical in delivering the organization’s next stage of growth.
The Data Analyst will be required to gain a good understanding of the industry this business operates in, and provide leadership in how data analytics should be used to ensure that the business is as competitive as possible, and that decision making is strategic and data-driven. The focus of this position is on analysis of data to develop meaningful insights to all aspects of the business.
- Data Management & Governance
- Has full responsibility for managing data infrastructures and data integrations. Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data integration, analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality of outputs.
- Responsible for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of primary or secondary data sources.
- Responsible for data cleaning and preparation: monitor, ‘clean’ and optimise data quality. Develop data quality controls to locate and correct core data problems. Continuously define new process improvement opportunities.
- Data Analysis & Exploration
- Provide management team with data-driven insights that will inform the business strategic direction and KPIs - identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, understanding key business questions & challenges and analysing data to extract answers to those questions.
- Explore data to unearth commercially significant insights that could bring value to a business.
- Reporting & Data Visualisation
- Develop, manage and automate reporting capabilities to give decision makers access to important data by removing technical barriers.
- Create visual dashboards, data visualizations and presentations to help communicate key insights in a meaningful way to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Project Management
- Work with management to prioritise business and information needs.
- Work closely with internal departments to guarantee the delivery and high-quality execution of the diverse array of project.
REQUIREMENTS: Experience, Competencies, Skills
- Experience: 2-3 years’ working experience as a Data Analyst
- Education: relevant degree in the fields of Data Analysis, Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics.
- Data management: technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large and unstructured data sets with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good statistical knowledge and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Good Data Visualisation skills are desirable, some experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau or Qlik would be a strong advantage.
- Strong communication and influencing skills: ability to communicate to stakeholders across the business, be able to both listen and collaborate as well as influence and guide decision making.
- Project management skills: you can coordinate key milestones with several stakeholders ensuring projects are delivered on time.
- Strong problem-solving skill is key.
- CRM: Previous experience with CRM (SalesForce in particular) is a plus
- Commercial acumen and good financial literacy would be a plus.
*Please note, our office is closed for the Christmas holidays from Wednesday 23rd December, re-opening 4th January. We will respond to your application upon our return.
Contact Lauren Fahy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 582 4483 for a confidential discussion.
Alternatives Group - We provide a diverse range of opportunities- permanent, contract and consulting - for the best marketing | digital | data | customer centric talent.