€75,000 - €85,000
over 4 years ago
Alternatives has been retained to appoint an advanced analytics manager for a truly DATA RICH global Irish organisation.
About the Team
The Data & Analytics team consists of BI professionals, Information Analysts and Data Scientists. Our focus is on driving commercial & customer outcomes by unlocking the power of our data through actionable insights.
- The Advanced Analytics Manager will report directly to the VP of Data & Analytics, and is responsible for managing the team of Data Scientists (3-4).
- This is a very exciting role where a candidate will get an opportunity to work across a unique portfolio of analytics challenges.
- The role is tasked with working with key business stakeholders to deliver a programme of analytics work that unlocks opportunities for revenue growth, operational efficiencies, and improved customer experiences
- Alternatives are looking for an experienced thought leader in the application of advanced analytics, statistics and data mining techniques, who has the capability to work across the full business portfolio, including operations, local & international B2C businesses, HR, and commercial ventures.
- Bring advanced analytics thought leadership and innovation to the business and ensure that analytical solutions are developed & utilised to drive business performance
- Work with the business to articulate the value that analytics can deliver for them and to look for new and creative applications of analytics within the organisation
- Define and articulate the team vision, strategy and translate to an analytics roadmap for delivery across the combined business
- Manage & lead team members providing direction, guidance and thought leadership of analytical projects
- Possess and instil a sense of curiosity and collaboration in team members
- Manage resources, the demand and delivery pipeline and ensure the team is focused on activities “that matter” and that drive value to the business
- Conduct performance management & regular reviews and feedback sessions with team
- Ensure appropriate training & development of team members
- Design, implement and manage the infrastructure & processes needed for the management, deployment & maintenance of our advanced analytics assets
Skills & Experience/ Qualifications:
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant field of study - mathematics, computer science, statistics, operations research, etc.
- Have at least 6+ years experience in analytics roles, preferably dealing with diverse types of data - customer, transactional, operational, etc.
- Excellent Leadership, Communication, Influencing and Interpersonal skills
- High energy individual and innovative thinker who can see the possibilities of how to use data to approach business problems in new ways
- Project Management and delivery experience
- Expert knowledge of advanced analytics techniques (e.g. Predictive Modelling, Segmentations, Analytical Deep Dives, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of advanced analytics tools (e.g.: R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Previous experience managing high performing teams
- Ability to communicate and explain complex technical concepts and quantitative methods to a wide audience
- Results based, with focus on pragmatic delivery for the business
As well as excellent technical skills, the ideal candidate will have a passion for analytics, strong business acumen and people leadership skills.
Excellent package + bonus + incentives
If you are interested in discussing or applying for this role please contact Adrian Marples at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 (1) 661 8889